Serious privacy question - NSA, TSA, etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Freedom isn't free.

And as far as I am concerned the price of freedom is paid by giving up some safety. More freedom - less safety. More safety - less freedom. Each of us has to decide what their personal freedom to safety ratio should be. Is your number greater than or less than ONE?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see...
several of you seem to be thinking I am making the argument here FOR the .gov to be able to get and use this data.

Let me be 100% clear.... I AM NOT.

In fact, I did NOT ignore the potential for tyranny, and in fact pointed out that we do not TRUST the .gov... if you'll read my last paragraph. I suspect some had already discounted the whole process of thinking by the end of the diatribe/treatise.

Whatever... it was meant to spark a logical debate, not try to sway anyone into drinking the .gov KoolAid.

Anyone who thinks I am FOR the .gov taking away more freedom in pursuit of an illusion of safety is mistaken. However, this is an execise in logical thinking and trying to examine facts dispassionately.

Shoulda known better, huh?

Oh well.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't you get it? This has been going on for many years and think of all the plots that didn't get foiled. We'll never be safe no matter what. People will always attack us and some of those attacks will work. Might as well have our rights.

Many more years than people realize, 25-30+ more years. Need an overhaul in the ranks, time for all the old timers to retire, quit or go to jail, and get a new group of lying, cheating, drinking, etc politicians in. Better yet, a group of public servants that have the actual interest of the people in mind and will follow, and protect the Constitution as was intended.

Latest posts

Top Bottom