For the 1st Time in 42 years I am not Going to Vote...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
FWIW there is an a$$load of libertarian beliefs amongst the younger generation (30 and under). It's amazing how most of the people my age and a hair younger are very similar in desire for smaller govt and more personal freedom. Registered democrats, republicans, and independents that I know almost all have a similar mindset. Problem is that it's going to take a while before this influence is felt. Just not enough of us to offset the moral majority and govt. first voters.

Oh its comming. And when it does the old blue hairs from either party ain't gonna like it one bit.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I missed voting today but only because I am sick and did not want to spread it. That will not happen again because from now on I will get an absentee ballot. While I agree with the OP on the state of the country, doing nothing is not going to help and I feel will make things worse. They already think the majority agree with what they do, why give them more proof?

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You just put up the platform of the tea party.

The tea party is pro gay marriage? Non interventionist foreign policy? Anti patriot act?

Honestly I agree with most of the tea partiers on more issues than not but it seems to me that the GOP has adopted the tea party movement and neutered it. Much of the rhetoric is still heavy on statism and theocracy.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The tea party is pro gay marriage? Non interventionist foreign policy? Anti patriot act?

Honestly I agree with most of the tea partiers on more issues than not but it seems to me that the GOP has adopted the tea party movement and neutered it. Much of the rhetoric is still heavy on statism and theocracy.

The main stream belt way republicans think the tea party is a thorn in their side. Voting libertarian is giving a vote to the democrats. Surely you understand that.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The main stream belt way republicans think the tea party is a thorn in their side. Voting libertarian is giving a vote to the democrats. Surely you understand that.

Sorry man, I don't see it that way. There is very little difference between the Ds and the Rs and I truly believe that the tea party has been absorbed into the R party. The tea party may have been a thorn in the side to the big beltway Rs but essentially they are the radical base of the GOP. And you'll notice the beltway Rs haven't gone anywhere. Not to mention the tea party still has some statist beliefs of their own which turns me off to them.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sorry man, I don't see it that way. There is very little difference between the Ds and the Rs and I truly believe that the tea party has been absorbed into the R party. The tea party may have been a thorn in the side to the big beltway Rs but essentially they are the radical base of the GOP. And you'll notice the beltway Rs haven't gone anywhere. Not to mention the tea party still has some statist beliefs of their own which turns me off to them.

We just sent Jim Inhofe back to the Senate by a overwhelming vote. Oklahoma loves statist politicians whose claim to fame is a book called the big hoax.

He can write a book on fuggin climate change but can't write legislation that would control immigration or slow down federal spending!!!! He's had 20 years to do something. Yes Oklahoma loves him because he's conservative. He should join the tea party.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yep ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom