J.M. Davis Gun Museum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've only been there once and that was when I was a youngster. I was looking through the photos that Terry posted and I was getting overloaded just from that.

Thanks. I generally go overboard in museum and historical places. However, based on the dates posted at the General Discussion thread on the get together, I probably won't make this one. I've an appointment for April 12 for another eye injection, and we may be preparing to get or actually underway on going to South Carolina for our Summer jobs. And, if we do go to South Carolina, we won't be able to make any of the May dates either.

But, I'll also post a link here to the pictures I took at the Davis museum that day.

J.M. Davis Arms and Historical Museum

Ahall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So what are you going to see in the Davis Museum.

Lots of US made military and sporting arms from the flintlock era forward.
Some European stuff, mostly WWII era trophy's, but some really old stuff.

A decent collection of machine guns.

A good collection of WWII era guns.

A lot of odd balls, and a fair number of duplicates.

If you are looking for pristine Colts or Winchesters with lots of engraving, this is not the collection.
If you want a lot of variety, or just want to see examples of specific guns, it's the right collection.

There is not a lot of "story telling" with related artifacts in a case depicting a way of life or event.
It's a collection of guns, and most of it is case after case of guns.

The bulk off the guns are from Mr. Davis's personal collection, which he acquired second hand. Mr. Davis passed in 1973, so you are not going to see much that is less than 50 years old. Yes, a few pieces get added now and then and there are a few newer displays, including one related to the Gulf War.

Latest posts

Top Bottom