Jack Carr and Mark Owen on killing bin Laden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jack Carr and Mark Owen (the former Navy SEAL who shot bin Laden and is the author of No Easy Day) sat down for a four-part discussion about killing bin Laden and the aftermath. Here's part 1:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought Rob O'Neill was the one that killed bin Laden. He was supposedly the #2 guy in the line going up the last set of stairs. Upon seeing some women in a doorway near bin Laden's room, the #1 guy pushed them back inside their room, which put O'Neill as the "new" #1 going into bin Laden's room.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought Rob O'Neill was the one that killed bin Laden. He was supposedly the #2 guy in the line going up the last set of stairs. Upon seeing some women in a doorway near bin Laden's room, the #1 guy pushed them back inside their room, which put O'Neill as the "new" #1 going into bin Laden's room.
I don't think anyone is sure who actually killed bin Laden. There were several SEALs there when it happened, and I believe more than one of them fired, so which one fired "the bullet" may not be knowable.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whoever is selling a book is the guy who actually killed him... at least in that book.

Quite some time ago, Rob O'Neill did an interview that I watched where he spoke so much of what all happened. And, I don't know of anyone that has come out and stated that he was wrong. When asked about whether others had shot bin Laden, O'Neill stated that others might have shot him afterwards, and because everything was in a "fog of war" and everyone was gathering up evidence, anything could have happened.

Edit: with regards to that in bold letters, perhaps the author of the book has claimed that O'Neill was wrong, but I've not heard that from any other source.

Latest posts

Top Bottom