Jack Carr and Mark Owen on killing bin Laden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But in reality it took the efforts of many people to put the team on location. The group of women working for the CIA who finally found the bastard after all those years should be honored too.
Owen specifically talks about the gal from the CIA who briefed the team, and how she was basically right about everything.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Owen specifically talks about the gal from the CIA who briefed the team, and how she was basically right about everything.

She is/was one of those quiet professionals. A lot of folks have no idea how intelligence is gathered and assume that someone "gets" some real documented evidence of "something" that puts them on the right trail. Most of the time, it is gathering little tidbits of information here and there and over time and then remembering to piece all of that together to get the picture.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just finished the entire series. He didn’t claim to fire the shot, was just in the room, and gave the “squeeze” to proceed up the hall.
He does conflict with O’Neill regarding the number of people who were in the room ( 2 vs 6 if I remember correctly). I’d have to read them both again to really decipher the differences but I’m not worried about it enough to do all that.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just finished the entire series. He didn’t claim to fire the shot, was just in the room, and gave the “squeeze” to proceed up the hall.
He does conflict with O’Neill regarding the number of people who were in the room ( 2 vs 6 if I remember correctly). I’d have to read them both again to really decipher the differences but I’m not worried about it enough to do all that.

That could very well be. If O'Neill was the "front man" of the "stack," then he might have no idea of how many were actually behind him. After all, his job was to be eyes front and sides, not back. All kinds of details differ of an event because of the "fog of war."

Latest posts

Top Bottom