January 16th USSA Pro Am club match

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acpjosh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The amount of interest is good. I think we will start having a shotgun match, but we will see. Depending on what guns show up, and how many, I may divide my open and limited, or pump/auto. This will be a run what you brung, as long as gun does not have more than ten in mag, you can start w/ mag loaded and one in tube. Remember 6 shot or smaller.....

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A regular full size shotgun match following the pistol match would move this match way up the priority list! Why do you plan to start with 10 in the gun instead of 9 which is more common because most most 3 gun shotguns are setup for 9.
I gotta say I originally thought we were shooting a full size shotgun match Saturday. I now see it's only one stage which makes me sad;(

acpjosh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A regular full size shotgun match following the pistol match would move this match way up the priority list! Why do you plan to start with 10 in the gun instead of 9 which is more common because most most 3 gun shotguns are setup for 9.
I gotta say I originally thought we were shooting a full size shotgun match Saturday. I now see it's only one stage which makes me sad;(

The bays will be pretty damp this weekend, so is we ran an extra full match, it would get a lil sticky. I am picking the dryest bay for the big stage............. Starting next month I would like to get one or two people to assist with match setup. The pay isnt good (none), but the match fee would be waived. As for mag cap, I said ten because of saigas.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand completely why you can't do a full match especially on the first go round. A bunch if extra prepartion plus swampy bays isn't good.

The only other issue you might consider with the regular shotgun match during or after the pistol ProAm is that the OKC gun club 3 gun match is possibly going to held every other 3rd Saturday as well. So you may lose a bunch of your shotgunners every other month. Maybe think about alternating the shotgun match with the OKCGC 3 gun? Just a thought.

I understand allowing the Saiga's to start with 10 rounds in the gun. Since they are already at a disadvantage with their reliability issues they will need a head start. LOL.

I'm looking forward to this match. See you Saturday.

Lance Jensen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the past we shot one shotgun proam match. We kept the same par times as pistol. It flowed very smooth and was a blast! The pistol par times kept the shell count low and really forced a smooth loading technique.

I feel a start load of 8 would level the playing field a little more, Since most guns are 8 plus 1. JMO

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This sounds fun Josh.... I need to shoot a few rounds now that I got my cast off. Your lucky Lance, you know I would leave you in the dust if I hadn't just gotten this cast off (Bahahahahaha).....

Latest posts

Top Bottom