Jiminez

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fallingrock

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never shot one and likely never will based on things I've heard, seen and their internet reputation. Just read through various online forums and you'll see. They are pretty famous lol. Contrary to what many will tell you it is possible to get a decent gun on the cheap. If you are on that tight a budget(and believe me I COMPLETELY understand) take a look at the HiPoints. They are ugly. They are inexpensive. People will laugh at you. Just like the Jiminez with a few exceptions...they work, they will last, they are at the very least combat accurate, and they have a lifetime no questions asked warranty whether you bought it new or are the 37th owner. Hard to go wrong for less than two bills!

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Davis/Jennings.....watch if you buy the.9mm, make sure its not a .9mm kurtz....thats a .380...bad things could happen.
On the other hand ...cheap guns make Good targets..sorry , not trying to be a gun snob.
hi-points "might " have a place, Ive shot the literal Crap out of a .45 ,No problems.
But my g30 is heavy enough ,dont need more back problems.
If you can get one cheap , might be fun to play with, not really a carry piece....My Opinion ,and you know what they say about that?

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brand-defenders wanting actual statistics while crying about being attacked in 3...2...1...
I think you wont get any defenders on this one . LOL
Like I said might be fun to play with if you got it ..CHEAP.....I still carry a Glock or a M&P.....mainly because Im still learning about 1911's.
I always say ..know your gun, 1911's can be a bit intimidating...doesnt mean I wont strap one on and go shootin...just need to learn more.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of my girl friend's father carries one around their farm to shoot at stray dogs and other pest and it works well for him but I have also seen others become problems. What we are saying is reliability can be hit or miss.

Once you get up to about the $350 price range (Bersa and others) reliability gets to be more consistent in my opinion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom