Joe Biden says get yourself a shotgun for home defense

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerShooter08

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
His statement regarding double barreled shotguns and self defense is incredibly silly, but I think this quote in that same article is far more telling at how stupid his justifications are:

“You have an individual right to own a weapon both for recreation, for hunting and also for your self-protection,” he said. "But just as you don’t have an individual right to go out and buy an F-15—if you’re a billionaire—with ordnance on it, just like you don’t have the right to buy an M-1 tank, just like you don’t have a right to buy an automatic weapon" you should not be able to get other weapons for which there is "no reasonable societal justification, or constitutional justification."

It's the same as those simpletons trying to compare semiautomatic weapons to nukes. It's pretty hilarious how he can argue disarming citizens when we're giving away F-16's to Egypt under the guise of foreign aid. Here, I'll even fix his quote:

“You have an individual right to keep and bear arms."

I'd even argue that ANY restriction of small arms is unnecessary and only relegates the restricted items to criminals and other unsavory characters. Criminals aside, I don't recall past reports of blood running in the streets before the NFA. Also, as far as people not having multimillion dollar military weapons systems he's trying to justify one non-issue with another.

We'd all be better off if the protectionists simply sequestered themselves in CA and NY and left the rest of us sane law abiding citizens alone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom