John Glenn, first American in orbit, has returned to the heavens...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Benedict Arnold was by all accounts a very brave man with a huge set of balls.

Wonder why we don't celebrate him .

Because Benedict Arnold was a bad guy. John Glenn, on the other hand was not a bad guy. Any more history or social studies questions I can help you with?

You just keep on throwing disrespect on this hero's grave pal. You're rapidly getting the reputation I'm beginning to think that you deserve here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because Benedict Arnold was a bad guy. John Glenn, on the other hand was not a bad guy.

he will never buy that because having a different political opinion, to TJ, seems synonymous with treachery. Gone are the days where you could disagree with someone about politics and still be friends with them, i guess.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
he will never buy that because having a different political opinion, to TJ, seems synonymous with treachery. Gone are the days where you could disagree with someone about politics and still be friends with them, i guess.

Agreed....

i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_IMG_7703_zpsrabf9bdo.jpg

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Maybe it's because after 21 years in the USMC, then almost that long working at a couple of different colleges for career no. 2, that I learned that it's okay to have different political views in this country among colleagues and friends. I certainly support the 2A, but I respect the rights of others who advocate stronger laws with regard to gun control. Funny how that concept works; that idea of respect for people.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because Benedict Arnold was a bad guy. John Glenn, on the other hand was not a bad guy. Any more history or social studies questions I can help you with?

You just keep on throwing disrespect on this hero's grave pal. You're rapidly getting the reputation I'm beginning to think that you deserve here.

I don't buy that benedict Arnold was a bad guy. he got a very raw deal and was treated like **** by his superiors and colleagues despite his bravery. certainly aside from his politics, he was a very brave man with a huge set of nuts.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't buy that benedict Arnold was a bad guy. he got a very raw deal and was treated like **** by his superiors and colleagues despite his bravery. certainly aside from his politics, he was a very brave man with a huge set of nuts.

Congrats ... this one was your best attempt at trolling on this thread.

Benedict Arnold committed treason. And given that, you don’t think he was a “bad guy”?

WTF is wrong with you?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats ... this one was your best attempt at trolling on this thread.

Benedict Arnold committed treason. And given that, you don’t think he was a “bad guy”?

WTF is wrong with you?

He doesn't understand how to google.
Despite Benedict Arnold's successes, he was passed over for promotion by the Continental Congress, while other officers claimed credit for some of his accomplishments.[3] Adversaries in military and political circles brought charges of corruption or other malfeasance, but most often he was acquitted in formal inquiries. Congress investigated his accounts and found that he was indebted to Congress after having spent much of his own money on the war effort. Arnold was frustrated and bitter at this, as well as with the alliance with France and the failure of Congress to accept Britain's 1778 proposal to grant full self-governance in the colonies. He decided to change sides and opened secret negotiations with the British. In July 1780, he was awarded command of West Point. Arnold's scheme was to surrender the fort to the British, but it was exposed when American forces captured British Major John André carrying papers which revealed the plot. Upon learning of André's capture, Arnold fled down the Hudson River to the British sloop-of-war Vulture, narrowly avoiding capture by the forces of George Washington, who had been alerted to the plot.

He was a traitor because he got passed up for promotion.
Simple as that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom