Joined USSA!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When we signed up our membership included me & my wife on it & for the basic without training group I'm only payin $43 a month. We like to go out there & shoot every chance we get. So the membership dues for a month more than cover what individual trips out paying range fees would cost us.

With the basic membership there are certain areas you cannot shoot, but you can still shoot on the regular paper target bays, steel challange bays & reactive steel. So even the basic package doesnt limit you to only one area which is really nice.

Once your a member you just check in at the main building, they assign you a bay or you can ask if certain things are available like the reactive steel & steel challange. If it is they will let you go on over there. Everything has always been smooth as glass every trip out for us.

Steve Aryan

Marksman
Reaction score
When we signed up our membership included me & my wife on it & for the basic without training group I'm only payin $43 a month. We like to go out there & shoot every chance we get. So the membership dues for a month more than cover what individual trips out paying range fees would cost us.

With the basic membership there are certain areas you cannot shoot, but you can still shoot on the regular paper target bays, steel challange bays & reactive steel. So even the basic package doesnt limit you to only one area which is really nice.

Once your a member you just check in at the main building, they assign you a bay or you can ask if certain things are available like the reactive steel & steel challange. If it is they will let you go on over there. Everything has always been smooth as glass every trip out for us.

The only place I know of you cant shoot is the training bays (obvious reasons) and the shoot house. What area were you told you could not go to?

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is exactly why I'm not signing up with a contract. Who knows the place might be shut down at any moments notice.

And if they shut down your not locked into that contract anymore. If at any time they cannot hold their end of the contract then they are in breach, not you as a member. You wont be expected to pay if you do not have access to the range b/c they closed. This was very well explained at the time we signed up. They made sure to go into detail over this very topic. I'm guessing b/c of the ownership issues they are working through.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only place I know of you cant shoot is the training bays (obvious reasons) and the shoot house. What area were you told you could not go to?

Yea, training bays, shoot house & the fully auto range. I was informed to get access to certain areas you first must be evaluated by a range master as well. Which is fine by me, I'd rather shoot in certain areas around only those who have been cleared as safe enough shooters to have access.

Steve Aryan

Marksman
Reaction score
Yea, training bays, shoot house & the fully auto range. I was informed to get access to certain areas you first must be evaluated by a range master as well. Which is fine by me, I'd rather shoot in certain areas around only those who have been cleared as safe enough shooters to have access.

Good I wanted to make sure. Once I clear you for auto fire then you will have as much access as you can out there except the one Elite bay. The training bays aren't so different from the bays you have access to. They just ensure I have a place to teach all the training group people 17 times a week. Right now we use North carbine, PPC, MP20. Call and set up a time and we can get you auto certified. It takes 15-20 min and is free.

Steve Aryan

Marksman
Reaction score
This is exactly why I'm not signing up with a contract. Who knows the place might be shut down at any moments notice.

Its safer now to be a member than ever before. We are not shutting down. We are ramping up. I dont know if the USSA badge and name will live on but us as a facility and a range will be here. Members will come to shoot and to train like always. Regardless of if the new owners decide to keep the old staff around I am excited to see what happens with the place. As a shooter its important to me that it continues on.

Besides, if a place shuts down your contract is voided. Its not like you pay a large up front sum. You sign up for a 3 year contract for $30 and we shut down 2 months later you enjoyed 2 months for $60 which would be like 3 days at $20 per day pass.

Latest posts

Top Bottom