Jug fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not too shabby. FYI....Don't put jugs out on Ponca City Lake...oopsies. the ranger was kind enough to find us and told us to pick them up ASAP. We went to Kaw afterwards and had some success, a lot of carp though.

cobra1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes it does, and I have time to get in the game. I still have crappie from last year to eat. Been fishing but not keeping.

My buddy and I have a friend that has a cattle operation. We need to get a bucket of mountain oysters and some blues and have a party!

You gonna use the mountain oysters for bait and then eat the blues, or you gonna eat them all?

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear cut up carp is awesome for catfish bait..it never quits letting out the oil.
I have no idea though never used carp. I have eaten quite a few though..Pressure cooking does NOT soften the bones!
Maybe i did it wrong 12-15psi for 30-45 minutes I got baby food carp with bones you can't eat.

Man i need to get a big net.. My deep water is only 22 or so feet where i fish.

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cut carp has been a good bait for me, drum also. Fresh caught shad, whole or cut, is tops.
Also use hot dog weiners,cut in chunks, marinated in cherry Koolaid and minced garlic.
Son and I jug Oologah, tons of fun!

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just cut the dawgs about 1 1/4" long pieces, put in a container with a lid, pour in the Koolaid and garlic.....put on lid (TIGHT) and shake it till it's all mixed. Never tried drying them out.
Course the Koolaid gives them a bright red color and the garlic makes them irresistible to Italians. :)
Circle hooks and toss em in the lake!

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used the livers out of blues and flats to catch more blues. Favorite bait is live perch and worms generally

never had much luck with brew your own bait or stink bait for much more than little channel cats

Sent via message in a bottle

Latest posts

Top Bottom