Jug fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ever had that happen before Dennis?

I think everybody that has set out jugs or trot lines have had problems with others running them at one time or another. The jugs I use tip up when a fish gets on, so any passerby's can see it.

Its an honor system among outdoors persons, that gets violated on occasion. Shame because when you put in all the time to build them, set them out, catch bait, spend gas to get there and put gas in the boat, some think its OK to reap cheap rewards.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Naturally you are the a-hole...........because the perp did not want to admit he was in the wrong and was caught crimson fisted. I am always, seemingly, the a hole when I catch people trespassing on my property.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That sucks. I know when I am going to be running jugs and I have to work, I usuall have a buddy that runs 'em in the morning, then I'll head up in the afternoon to keep a better eye on'em. Sorry POS.
If I can't keep a pretty good eye on them, I'll run a trotline with no markers.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Set out some jugs on Kaw yesterday. Right after setting out the last one, a couple of guys that were camping set out theirs about 40' next to mine. I asked them if they saw my line, and their reply was its a public lake and they can do what they want.
I said a few things that weren't politically correct, and left. Figured my stuff would be gone.
Went back this afternoon, with all still there, but they had packed up and left.
Took 6 or 7 off with the biggest running 12 lbs.
the last jug took some looking to find. Finally spotted it, and when I pulled it up, it was heavy, but no fight like a fish. Getting it up, it was a 20 pounder or so that somebody pulled in, filleted, and put back in.
I wonder who did it?

Sickening... may karma come back and bite them in the ass a thousand times over. Man has been shot over less, not too bright on their part.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Set out some jugs on Kaw yesterday. Right after setting out the last one, a couple of guys that were camping set out theirs about 40' next to mine. I asked them if they saw my line, and their reply was its a public lake and they can do what they want.
I said a few things that weren't politically correct, and left. Figured my stuff would be gone.
Went back this afternoon, with all still there, but they had packed up and left.
Took 6 or 7 off with the biggest running 12 lbs.
the last jug took some looking to find. Finally spotted it, and when I pulled it up, it was heavy, but no fight like a fish. Getting it up, it was a 20 pounder or so that somebody pulled in, filleted, and put back in.
I wonder who did it?

View attachment 37487

Ooh that's dirty!

One of these days those asswipes will do something like that to the wrong hombre.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its just a fish. I don't plan on going ballistic over anybody checking my lines. It makes me mad, but not mad enough to do something stupid.

My buddy and I have 10, gallon bags of fillets. Still within our limits. Those big fish we are getting fill up the bags quickly. Throwing back all channel cats and blues less than 5 lbs.

Lots of calf fry and catfish fry's coming this summer! :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom