July Practical Rifle Match

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can someone explain a "classifier" to me and its purpose? Ive been shooting these competitions for about a year but never gotten serious with any other competing.

I am curious as well to the purpose of the classification. I am familiar with the IPSC and IDPA classification system. Is this practical rifle stuff classified by some organization (IDPA) or is the classification just for bragging rights over your buddies?

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also has a question regarding gear for the shoots.

At my first shoot last month, a couple of guys told me that I needed to have magazine holders that had some sort of retention device for my mags in order to shoot in the "stock" class. I have read the rules once or twice but don;t see any mention of magazine holders or magazine retention devices. Can you please calrify this?

I am using some of those kydex blade tech holders right now.

Thanks,
Jesse

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm planning on finaly making one of these. Problem is i do not have a sling for my AR. Anybody got one that i can borrow for the match?

Im sure we can come up with one!!, But you really don't need one for this match. You will not be running with it on a sling and there are good rifle racks to rest it on wile waiting your turn to shoot.
Hope to see ya there..

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am curious as well to the purpose of the classification. I am familiar with the IPSC and IDPA classification system. Is this practical rifle stuff classified by some organization (IDPA) or is the classification just for bragging rights over your buddies?

The classification system is simply to quantify your skill level. It allows you to compete "head to head" with shooters of similar skill. It also provides those with a desire to improve their skillset with a set of steps or levels to attain.

DC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im sure we can come up with one!!, But you really don't need one for this match. You will not be running with it on a sling and there are good rifle racks to rest it on wile waiting your turn to shoot.
Hope to see ya there..
Unless my son or THE sun kills me on the 4th I'm there!!!!!

Snyperc

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I also has a question regarding gear for the shoots.

At my first shoot last month, a couple of guys told me that I needed to have magazine holders that had some sort of retention device for my mags in order to shoot in the "stock" class. I have read the rules once or twice but don;t see any mention of magazine holders or magazine retention devices. Can you please calrify this?

I am using some of those kydex blade tech holders right now.

Thanks,
Jesse

The type of magazine holder you use can change the Division you shoot in, but only to the "unlimited" division. The rest of the Divisions are seperated by what you shoot. The most important thing is to come out, see what others do and use, and most importantly, use what works for you. That's what the match is all about, finding your best "fit", other than just having a lot of fun with some really awesome people.
Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom