"Justice for Trayvon" mob severely beats Alabama man

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're talking about the neighbor, not the beaten man.

Specifically, to aid another, you must be attacked.

You dont have to be attacked for the law to take affect. Only in fear for your life or that of another as the law reads. If a mob is coming at you are you going to wait until you are overwhelmed (attacked) by the mob before you take action. Like I said you read it differently than I do

victor3ranger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Poor mob of good black children, only releaving pent up stress the from the white mans burden, I am sure the white kid provided some reason for the beating he got, therefore I am sure the black community will see that this beatdown was warrented.

Someone should have opened fire on this filth.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're talking about the neighbor, not the beaten man.

Specifically, to aid another, you must be attacked.

I don't believe that. The way I read it is that you can intervene if you are a bystander in the attempt to prevent said bodily harm to another, even if you are not part of it.

Otherwise, you can be driving down the road and see a man beating a woman with a chain or baseball bat and you are forbidden from intervening to save her life. That does not make sense, not that the law always does, but it is not the way I read it. I'd be interested in case law or precedent to prove it, if there is any available.

<edit> After re-reading the law, I can see where you might interpret it that way. However, I do not believe that is the intent of the law... perhaps we should start a campaign during next session to have our legislators clarify that wording, so that it may be more clear. Would hate for a well-intentioned, law-abiding citizen to end up hoisted on his own petard for doing the right thing in such a situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom