KC hotel and attraction suggestions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Me and my better half are heading to Kansas City next week for a few days. Going to the Plaza, WWI museum, and a few Triple D eateries. Need suggestions for reasonably priced hotels and other sites or attractions to see. And the areas to avoid.

Thanks.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I enjoy Major League baseball so I try to get out to Kaufman. Good idea on the Triple D places. I know my wife would like to go to Lidia Bastianich's restaurant - http://lidias-kc.com/ I'd also recommend going to Union Station since you're already going to be in the neighborhood at the WW1 Museum.

I've eaten at Lidia's twice and will definitely go any time I have the chance. This last time I had the Friday seafood special. Incredible. It isn't cheap but it is great.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We love to try great food places & BBQ will definitely be on our menu. Sounds like more good places to eat than we can squeeze in.

The Arabia Museum & possibly the Negro League Baseball museum are on the list also. My wife will be more interested in the market, shops, & Triple D"s though.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We love to try great food places & BBQ will definitely be on our menu. Sounds like more good places to eat than we can squeeze in.

The Arabia Museum & possibly the Negro League Baseball museum are on the list also. My wife will be more interested in the market, shops, & Triple D"s though.

If you go to the Negro League Baseball Museum, you're just a few blocks away from Arthur Bryant's BBQ. While there are lots of places in KC to get your Q on, Bryant's is foundational to the entire KC BBQ experience, IMO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom