Kel Tec P11

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrvinny

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've carried one for a while now and really like it (especially for the money). It's been very reliable but it does take some getting used to with the long, heavy trigger. It's great for a carry gun in that respect. It seems like it would be a bit too large for front pocket carry though. I carry it IWB everyday and I don't even know it's there anymore. Very comfortable.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have had my P11 for a couple months and really like it. It isn't a range gun and will get tiring pretty quick trying to shoot groups. The most fun is draw and double tap practice, I don't notice the trigger when doing this and it's what the gun was designed to do.

The only issue I've heard and seen is the trigger return spring jumping out of the grove in the trigger bar. Seems some of the later guns got out with the grove not cut deep enough. A call to Kel Tec produced a new trigger bar in about 3 days. Placed a dab of grease in the grove of the new trigger bar and not one problem since.

WRH1234

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've also had my P11 for just over a month. Bought myself the trigger shoe and mag extension. I carry it in cargo shorts all the time with nobody the wiser. Your right about to tight for jeans. I've also used my dremel on the shoe and mag extension to smooth them a bit. Took it out a couple of weeks ago and it ate the cheap Academy ammo just fine. It's very accurate, me not so much. I agree with a lot of the post that after 50 or so rounds you're ready to put it away. Hope you get to put some rounds through it soon.

Cacinok

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i bought my p11 in either 94 or 95, don't recall. i don't even know how many rounds have gone through it, somewhere btwn 10k and 15k. i've never had a problem, ever.

a buddy bought one about the same time i did and he's kept track (roughly) of what he's shot through it and he believes about 35k rounds. he had one problem, i can't remember what, but he sent it to keltec and they fixed it quick and he was only w/o his pistol for a little over a week.

as others have mentioned, it's a long, heavy trigger pull. i keep thinking that someday i'll lighten the pull, but it's never really been that big of a deal. that being said, my wife does not like it.

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My wife has a P-11 and the first thing we found was that the firing pin was sort of locked down by the set screw in front of the rear sight. Simple fix but if too tight it will not allow the firing pin to 'travel' correctly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom