Kel-Tec PMR-30

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are listed in the latest CDNN catalogue (2010-2) on page 49 for $299.99. If I had the money I'd give them a call and see if they actually have any for sale. 800-588-9500

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No price is listed for the PMR-30 on page 49, the $299.99 price listed is under the SUB-2000 carbine that is directly under the PMR.

I have a printed catalogue I received via snail mail, it shows the $299.99 price for the PMR-30 as well as the $299.99 price for the SUB-2000 carbine directly under the PMR-30.

Reaction score
How is it that Kel-Tec can manufacture a machine gun post-86?

I mean, you and I can do anything they can do with a manufacturers license, right? So what's to stop me from getting a manufacturer's license and making one?

In any event, I want a PMR-30 - great wifey/girlfriend gun and fun plinker to boot.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How is it that Kel-Tec can manufacture a machine gun post-86?

I mean, you and I can do anything they can do with a manufacturers license, right? So what's to stop me from getting a manufacturer's license and making one?

In any event, I want a PMR-30 - great wifey/girlfriend gun and fun plinker to boot.

There is nothing to stop you from getting a 07/02 FFL/SOT manufacturing license just like Kel-Tec, Colt, etc... You can then make all the post 86 machineguns you want. Just remember that the license will run you close to $3000 per year and you would have to sell/destroy all of the post 86 machineguns you made whenever you decide to give up your license.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is nothing to stop you from getting a 07/02 FFL/SOT manufacturing license just like Kel-Tec, Colt, etc... You can then make all the post 86 machineguns you want. Just remember that the license will run you close to $3000 per year and you would have to sell/destroy all of the post 86 machineguns you made whenever you decide to give up your license.

So, if Colt goes out of business they have to recall and destroy any full autos they've made post-'86?

Not trying to argue, don't take it that way, just don't know a lot about this type of thing, which is the reason for the question.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, if Colt goes out of business they have to recall and destroy any full autos they've made post-'86?

Not trying to argue, don't take it that way, just don't know a lot about this type of thing, which is the reason for the question.

Post 86 machineguns can only be sold/possesed by LE/Military agencies, manufacturers that make them and dealers that sell them. If the manufacturer or dealer goes out of business he must liquidate any post 86 machineguns in their possesion prior to going out of business either thru sale or destruction. Any that were legally transferred out prior to going out of business would not be "recalled".

I should have been clearer in my first post and said that any you made and still possesed would have to be sold/destroyed. Sorry for the confusion.

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Despite the limitations of .22 Mag as a fighting round, the idea of a 30-round handgun that weighs under 20 oz loaded, and costs around $300, is pretty amazing. Closest equivalent would be the 20-shot FN Five Seven, which shoots a more powerful .22 round but is drastically more expensive.

These Kel-Tecs, if they work, will sell like crazy. Do not be surprised if they are used as sound bite fodder by politicians pushing new gun bans.

Latest posts

Top Bottom