Kel-Tec PMR-30

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The grendel is the predecessor to the PMR30... designed by the same guy

Right. George Kelgren - which is another reason why I think this one will work. He's learned a lot since the Grendel days, and I don't think he'd try the same concept a 2nd time, just to be doomed to jammomatic failure again.

Read up on it here!!

If it works I want one. 5 30rd mags, now that would just be the almost perfect woods gun!!

http://www.gunblast.com/KelTec-PMR30.htm

Thank you sir for the link. But as you know (as you are implicitly acknowledging), just because gunblast gives it a thumbs up, doesn't mean it necessarily works great. They appear to have an incentive and predilection to give glowing praise to everything they touch.

I got to fire the PMR-30 briefly, just testing the function, but not for accuracy. The pistol ran really well. Kel-Tec even had a full-auto version with a buttstock available, and I got to play with that a bit as well. Production of the PMR-30 is scheduled to start within a month, and I will have one here for testing for accuracy and reliability with various brands and types of ammunition.

Why didn't he use the word "flawlessly" in place of the phrase "really well" - what does 'really well' mean, EXACTLY? You'd think that with this concern out there, he'd be chompin' at the bit to declare it was "flawless" with not a single jam, if that was the case. Just sayin....that's one way to interpret it.

It sure worked fine in the videos, though....

Reaction score
Holy jumpin crawdaddies - what's going on here!?!?

CDNN has them, yet I've not heard of anyone else having them. Look here on page 6:

http://cdnninvestments.com.p2.hostingprod.com/CDNN-Catalog/CDNN2010-3.pdf (Tip: do NOT click on this with dial-up)

This is VERY suspect. CDNN buys mass quantities of closeouts on the cheap. Makes me think that most likely, Kel-Tec made a run, beta-tested them, and figured out they were jammomatics, and so dumped them on the public via CDNN, never to try this again, perhaps (and of course, therefore to not service them or provide parts)...... ???

That is, unless CDNN has changed its business model, to in part be an exclusive dealer of certain firearms - which I doubt.

Thoughts?

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CDNN sometimes has items in their catalog that they are expecting, but sometimes don't have. Has anyone called them to see if they have any in stock?

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think they have changed their model some.

CDNN stocks most of the KelTec products close out or not. On the same page is the P3AT, the P32, and PF9 none of those are close outs or being dumed on the public.

The have several other manufacturers current production as well.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reviving a thread from the dead.
There's a PMR-30 on Gunbroker right now, bidding is up to $600.
Crazy, what with CDNN advertising them for $300 in their latest printed catalog.

One of these is still calling to me.....

Jeff Freeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think I am buying one piping hot from the factory. I'm going to wait and see what they are all about. The AMT never really was a world-beater, but then again it was an AMT. If it does work, I will be in hog heaven, .22 WMR is probably my favorite over-all cartridge.

Latest posts

Top Bottom