knife question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hankrearden2000

Marksman
Reaction score
It was always my understanding that fixed blade knives were illegal to carry concealed, and illegal to carry openly unless they were being used in a common recreational activity or being transported to or from such activity?

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hankrearden2000 said:
It was always my understanding that fixed blade knives were illegal to carry concealed, and illegal to carry openly unless they were being used in a common recreational activity or being transported to or from such activity?

I'd suggest reading the statute on carrying concealed weapons.

Michael Brown

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hankrearden2000 said:
You are so helpful, thanks.

You are quite welcome.

If I am correct in sensing the sarcasm in your response, perhaps you might consider using the search function or even simply reading the posts immediately ahead of yours, as this ground has amply covered.

If you are not satisfied with the answers found in those posts, all I can suggest to you is read the statutes on carrying weapons. That is obviously the most definitive information available.

If you use the search function, you might even find a link to it here so you don't even have to Google it yourself.

Michael Brown

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey MB, had a cop come in and tell the knife guys there was a new statute that made it illegal to carry folders. WTF?! Have you heard anything about this? I usually carry a Benchmade Pika as my work knife, a Benchmade neck knife as a spare. My knife in the pen/barn is a Spyderco. I do not like the Axis lock.

corbinlee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At work (school financial aid office) i carry a small Beretta folder. Outside of work i carry a CRKT M-16 with OD green handle. its several years old so it does not have the cool "flipper/hand gaurd" on it.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hoov said:
Hey MB, had a cop come in and tell the knife guys there was a new statute that made it illegal to carry folders. WTF?! Have you heard anything about this? I usually carry a Benchmade Pika as my work knife, a Benchmade neck knife as a spare. My knife in the pen/barn is a Spyderco. I do not like the Axis lock.

I have no idea what he is talking about and asked an A.D.A as well who also did not know anything about it.

This does not mean its not true, but I can't find anything.

To research the issue I also looked on the Oklahoma Supreme Court's website and could find nothing in title 21 that appeared new.

I did find an interesting set of opinions that affirmed an officer's right to secure/unload a lawfully transported firearm during a traffic stop.

I also found an Oklahoma Supreme Court ruling on carrying knives not specifically prohibited by the six named versions. Its worth a read but I think it supports the position that intent is required in the definition of "offensive weapons" since the individual arrested was a known violent subject currently on probation for assault and battery.

Michael Brown

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Michael Brown said:
I did find an interesting set of opinions that affirmed an officer's right to secure/unload a lawfully transported firearm during a traffic stop.

The only problem I have with that is that I get EXTREMELY nervous when some Barney Fife starts pulling my loaded gun off of my person.
Otherwise I do not have a problem with it.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MB, I was not there for the exchange. I asked the salesman several times and he assured me the cop was serious. That's okay. There are informed officers whose opinion and ideas I respect and there are Barneys. Just as there are good gun salesmen and, well, I need not go on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom