KRAV MAGA - Free Intro to ICCS Krav Maga Clinic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There is so much inaccurate information in your response. But then again it's not really information, just your opinions based on zero experience. That's what makes your comments entertaining. Your comments of knocks outs, hitting the nads, hammerfists, fish hooking,etc. speak volumes for what little you actually know. And that's ok...

Or maybe you are an expert in all things combat? If so you should consider coming in and teaching the clinic. It sounds like you could get us all on the correct path. There will always be people like you wanting to disprove everything without haven't the slightest idea of what you are talking about. That's ok. It's not for everyone.. It's very simple... We know people are interested in this type of training...people realize their firearm will not always be readily available.. they realize an attacker will not notify you of the attack about to come.. many people realize surprise attacks are just that... a surprise... and people tend to freeze..that's reality (by the way welcome to the real world.).

So here's the deal... We have nothing to gain from this... We wont walk away with an increase in our bank accounts... We won't get back the time taken away from our families... This is simply giving people an opportunity that is extremely rare to have in this country... even more rare to be exposed to this in Oklahoma.

So with all of that being said, we can still count on you being there right? ;)

The only instant equalizer that I know of is a firearm (oh, welcome to Oklahoma Shooters by the way). A bigger person can withstand and deliver more damage from/to a smaller person. While getting clocked in the nads hurts like hell - it is not a fight-ender or a "win" by any means; unlike a cold knock-out from a hit (or drop on) to the head - aka boxing, kick-boxing, muay-thai, wrestling, judo, etc "agreement" type training. Sorry, bub, to learn how to knock a person out you got to get into the ring; pretending that hammerfist to the back of the neck or face stomp will do the job - is still pretending.

I still stand by my opinion, for a smaller person to deliver meaningful damage to a larger/stronger opponent takes years of serious training or a weapon - groin kicking/eye gouging/biting/breaking fingers/fish-hooking does "sound" violent, but in reality will only result in escalation of violence. If that's not clear - well ... it should be.

I'll reply with a quote as well:
The stuff you teach the recruits is designed to allow for dominance games without injury to your troops. And yet to also instill confidence and the willingness to engage.

In short, the 'combat effectiveness' of what is being taught as Krav Maga to civilians is overwhelmingly advertising.

The day that the Israel Army gives up rifles, much less tanks, jets and rockets, is the day I'll believe it's not more about instilling the willingness to fight and a safe way for testosterone pumped, soldiers to compete, establish dominance and safely channel aggression without hurting each other. Because that ain't what combat is about, no matter what the advertising and fanatics say.

source: http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/Krav.html <-- EXCELLENT READ OVERALL!!!

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gotta disagree with ya Mo....
I've been in or involved in MMA for the last about 10 years.
For me personally, if I had to choose who I'm fighting. 9 times out of 10 I'm picking the bigger guy. Of course I'm not small and am pretty well built. But give me that 6'4" meat head! Those guys are the easiest and funnest guys to play with.
Nothing cracks me up more then talking about some guy and someone goes, I don't know he's a lot bigger than you LOL
Most humbling day of my life...
First day in the gym, had little to no experience in MMA but was a serious athlete who could hold his own. First guy out of the gate I rolled right through and he was a good 4" taller and had at least 75lb on me and had some MMA experience. Though I was damn good til our instructor, all 5'9" 150lb soaking wet got ahold of me. That guy did anything and everything he wanted to me at will. Nothing I could do to stop him.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gotta disagree with ya Mo....
I've been in or involved in MMA for the last about 10 years.
For me personally, if I had to choose who I'm fighting. 9 times out of 10 I'm picking the bigger guy. Of course I'm not small and am pretty well built. But give me that 6'4" meat head! Those guys are the easiest and funnest guys to play with.
Nothing cracks me up more then talking about some guy and someone goes, I don't know he's a lot bigger than you LOL
Most humbling day of my life...
First day in the gym, had little to no experience in MMA but was a serious athlete who could hold his own. First guy out of the gate I rolled right through and he was a good 4" taller and had at least 75lb on me and had some MMA experience. Though I was damn good til our instructor, all 5'9" 150lb soaking wet got ahold of me. That guy did anything and everything he wanted to me at will. Nothing I could do to stop him.

Rules of MMA do not apply to combatives.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or maybe you are an expert in all things combat? If so you should consider coming in and teaching the clinic. It sounds like you could get us all on the correct path.

I am not an expert, and there is nothing new I can teach, other than that to get good at something you need years of training regardless of what it is. You having a school and practicing what you do 2-days a week (for a very fair price at that) is the right way to do it. Showcasing what you can teach and what you can do with training in a free clinic - is the right way to do it.

As far as "9 out of 10 example can be shattered" - let me guess: by pairing up "a cop" vs "a woman" using simple Krav techniques; but in reality what you going to see is an overweight male getting dominated in agreement environment by a highly trained individual with "only" 2 years of Krav ... back in 2010, plus high-school wrestling, college judo, 3 years of MMA and 40 hours of cardio (this week that is). THUS proving everything I just said.

There will always be people like you wanting to disprove everything without haven't the slightest idea of what you are talking about. That's ok. It's not for everyone.. It's very simple... We know people are interested in this type of training...people realize their firearm will not always be readily available.. they realize an attacker will not notify you of the attack about to come.. many people realize surprise attacks are just that... a surprise... and people tend to freeze..that's reality (by the way welcome to the real world.).

Of course people are interested in training - just don't sell it as wunder-pill; "sell" them the desire to train and train hard. And some people do indeed need an eye-opener, but without years of training you'll still freeze when exposed to unprovoked violence, if you believe otherwise - your training is not based on reality, but on "agreement" you are so against.

For civilian self-defense I am a firm believer in avoid, assess and disengage mindset.

SoonerBJJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For OC, since you hold martial arts in such low regard for real world application would you mind expounding on your first hand experience with combative sports? IIRC you've done some aikido before you found krav, but aikido really doesn't count as a "martial" art nor a combative sport. Just curious.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Though I was damn good til our instructor, all 5'9" 150lb soaking wet got ahold of me. That guy did anything and everything he wanted to me at will. Nothing I could do to stop him.

I assure you - it wasn't the lack of TIME he spent training that got your ass handed to you ;)

but aikido really doesn't count as a "martial" art nor a combative sport. Just curious.
Don't underestimate aikido. I believe it is quite possibly the best "art" you can learn for civilian use. 99% of altercations can and SHOULD be resolved in non-violent manner; and as far as I know aikido is the only one that actively teaches non-violent defense based on simple gravity and large joint manipulation.
Let me give you an example - a guy in the bar comes up to you and grabs you by the collar:
a) you can make it look like he tripped, help him back up, have a laugh, and maybe get yourself a free beer
b) you smash his nose with palm strike, swift kick him in the nuts, and finish him off with a vertical elbow to the temple ... now you are spending 7 years in state pen for assault and battery instead of that free drink.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rules of MMA do not apply to combatives.

You obviously never trained with us....

I assure you - it wasn't the lack of TIME he spent training that got your ass handed to you ;)

Lol no not at all
You never said people of equal skill level.
It was his training. But anytime you take a 5'9" 150lb guy who been training a while VS a 6' 190lb collage athlete who wrestled a lot of his life and the smaller guy hands him his ass. That's still a pretty good feat for the smaller guy. Traning or not...

Latest posts

Top Bottom