Ladies, and Gents, its almost time!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, kiddos, y'all are gonna LOVE this hilarity:

My buddy and his 3 friends "won" the McAAP hunt last year. Paid their money. Got pscyhed. Practiced recurves. On and on. Finally figured out about a couple weeks before the hunt that he had accidentally put in for, and won, a foursome hunt for HANDICAPPED folks. Evidently, it's easy to accidentally select that hunt as your McAAP hunt. Well, needless to say, he's not handicapped (well, hang on - see below...), so they lost their money and didn't go.

Gave him endless s**t for this....

Fast forward to yesterday....Are you ready? Did you guess it?

'Course, now he thinks that, since it doesn't SAY "handicapped" on the website controlled hunt search results when you check - you only get that info after you pay your fee - now he belives that they make it very convoluted or confusing on purpose because every year they get 100 people who do the same thing and don't figure out out until they've rounded up $2,500 for doing nothing.

He did it AGAIN - "Won" the foursome HANDICAPPED HUNT again! So of course now we're telling him that he's really just about proven his case for being mentally handicapped, so he's bootstrapped himself into qualifying for the hunt. Oh yeah, he paid his fee yesterday by phone/debit card (again) before he figured it out!!!

How many laughing smileys can you find? :D

He said the only bigger dumb**a he knows than someone who puts in for a doe for a once-in-a-lifetime hunt (me), is him.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That disgusts me. They took the opportunity away from someone that would have loved to go.

No ship. Why the hell put in for a hunt you don't want to go on. Tools.

A few years ago I was there and after scouting a group of guys decided they didn't want stay for the hunt, they were all whining like school girls. Didn't like it. If it was not a military installation, I think they would have got their asses kicked. 300+ hunters were looking at them like they just kicked their dogs.

You don't have to pick 5 hunts. IF you only want 4, pick 4. Don't steal hunts from other hunters.

Tell your buddies OSA says to buy recurves, shoot at least 5 times a week and go on the dang hunt.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No ship. Why the hell put in for a hunt you don't want to go on. Tools.

A few years ago I was there and after scouting a group of guys decided they didn't want stay for the hunt, they were all whining like school girls. Didn't like it. If it was not a military installation, I think they would have got their asses kicked. 300+ hunters were looking at them like they just kicked their dogs.

You don't have to pick 5 hunts. IF you only want 4, pick 4. Don't steal hunts from other hunters.

Tell your buddies OSA says to buy recurves, shoot at least 5 times a week and go on the dang hunt.

well one of them wanted it and they all put in together so the other 2 just went along with it but i think his brother is going to go now so its just the dad staying home... i bet he changes his mind

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm kind of not understanding this? You only have to pay $5 to enter. If you don't take the hunt there is no charge.
You've only screwed a hunter from a hunt.
I understand what your saying about having to send your money in, but last year,(it really pissed me off) there were 25 people there that didn't have a handicap. Bill Starry berated them to no end in the meeting, but still let them hunt. I'm thinking there were not enough handicap hunters, so they let a few of the dumb ones in that can't read to help with the does or whatever.
I think they should have sent them home, and screw them for the money for being a dumba$$.
There must have not been a shortage this year as I know one guy in a wheelchair that didn't get drawn.

What about this are the dumb ones having a problem with??

338 Archery McAlester AAP (C, phy. chal.) Oct. 8-10 100 (2) Only 1 Antlered

C) Physically Challenged (phy. chal.) Archery Hunt - Applicants must have a permanent disability to the extent that they cannot use a conventional longbow, as certified by a physician licensed to practice in Oklahoma or bordering state or a non-ambulatory or motor vehicle permit. A person who qualifies to use a crossbow shall have in their possession while in the field, and present at hunt check-in, written evidence of such certification. In addition, at McAlester AAP, selected applicants must report on the Thursday preceding their hunt to attend a pre-hunt briefing. Failure to attend this briefing will result in cancellation. Hunters under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Hunter may bring an assistant. Assistants will be allowed to transport hunters to and from the field and/or stands, but will not be allowed to hunt. Assistance will be provided for others as needed. Background checks will be conducted on all successful applicants and convicted felons will not be allowed. Hunts may be cancelled at any time. A $25 Federal User Fee is required to participate in the hunt.

Is this not plain and clear???

Latest posts

Top Bottom