Lake Thunderbird

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Headed down to Texoma this weekend. Should be interesting since most everything is flooded and closed(Someone told me there were two maybe three boat ramps still open; most public areas are closed though) and there is more rain in the forecast. I'll be right off HWY 70 around Lake Texoma Lodge and Resort. Flood Pool is at 96% and expected to peak at 98% on the 26th, so a couple more feet of water.....

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Headed down to Texoma this weekend. Should be interesting since most everything is flooded and closed(Someone told me there were two maybe three boat ramps still open; most public areas are closed though) and there is more rain in the forecast. I'll be right off HWY 70 around Lake Texoma Lodge and Resort. Flood Pool is at 96% and expected to peak at 98% on the 26th, so a couple more feet of water.....

I launched off the road to the boat ramp at Lake Texoma State Park last night. I don't know of any other "ramps" open at the moment. If you aren't in a fairly low profile boat you'll be trapped between the bridges but that's shill a pretty big area to fish. Also, if your boat draws much water don't even try it. I have a Bass Tracker so I had no problem launching in 2 feet of water.

I can't help much if you are looking for fish. We set jug lines for a couple hours as well as trolled around a lot (Mostly admiring the water) and not a single bite. If you want to make a long run I know the stripers are on over by the dam but that would be a very long run with all the debris in the water. I saw whole trees floating and some right at the waterline where you couldn't see them till you were within 6 feet of them Certainly wouldn't bode well at speed.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dad and grampa both used to live on Texoma. Dad lost his lower unit to a floating/submerged log after high water one time. They waited a month after the rains quit to go out and it still bit him in the ass. It's mind boggling how much debris floats into and through that lake. Was just down there last summer and it was about 8 feet low. Just like the weather, wait a little bit, it'll change.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[video]https://www.facebook.com/SVRHD2/videos/846665865387077/[/video]

I know not everyone has facebook, but this was drone footage from a day ago of the Twin Bridges area.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It must've rained like hell on Saturday--around 3pm on Saturday, Thunderbird's flood pool was at 1049 ft (94%); as of 4:30am on Sunday, it's at 1052 ft (113%)...

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think it's ever been this high. Twin bridges
images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_05_24_89cdf96b9ff0b54b79c1e24f3f2e9406.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom