Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After reading this, I think I’ve been fishing for the wrong species or at least missing an opportunity. The Salt Fork is full of carp, and all I’ve been after is channel cats.:anyone:
Tailing carp are the easiest to catch. Cast a couple of feet ahead of and past the fish, and drag your fly back to intercept the carp (drag and drop) and a good 90+ percent of the time, a carp will inhale the fly when it is right next to it's face.

Small crayfish and leech patterns work great in rivers.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After reading this, I think I’ve been fishing for the wrong species or at least missing an opportunity. The Salt Fork is full of carp, and all I’ve been after is channel cats.:anyone:
You should try targeting them! It’s fun.

When I’m bank fishing with kids along I always bring a couple carp rigs. Insurance against getting skunked lol. Plus they fight like hell. Most waterways seem to have tons of carp.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm ashamed that pics weren't taken but we had blackened Louisiana redfish on the half shell tonight for dinner with homemade fries. I love redfish.
Sounds like you had a great dinner tonight Mr. Hoddy, sounds yummy. 😋

I've caught a LOT of redfish on the fly over the years and that is always fun! Always had blackened redfish and sweet potato fries every night after a day of fly fishing. A light pink Clouser Minnow was the usual fly of choice...

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Newest daughter has been fishing off of one of the bridges near our house.

RXhAauK.jpg

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tried to catch a bass on top water Saturday morning (lake was like glass)...this fella decided he wanted to smack my jig. First for me to catch one on top water.

View attachment 483513
Those long nose are always fun to hang into. Fairly Tasty and pretty meaty lil suckers too, just have your tin snips handy. And that lake has some large ones.

Latest posts

Top Bottom