Glock jammed when needed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GutsonBorglum

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is why revolvers are considered backpack/bear country weapons. The only issue with that in this scenario is that according to the story this guy shot 10 times. That wouldn't have happened with a revolver though a 357 or 44 would have had a bit more punch.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had a Glock 23 for 15 years and cleaned it four times. Shot close to 2000 rounds and never had a jam. To all the nay sayers...I's trust the Glock 23 over my Les Baer 1911 anytime. FYI, the 1911 has had three jams with less than 200 rounds through it.
As it will until you break it in. Comparing a Glock to a LB is not apples to apples. I am betting that the LB is more accurate.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No telling what the issue was as has been discussed. I'm just glad the hunter got out of a more severe mauling situation.
As was said in the link, there definitely needs to be a hunting season on the grizzly's.
They have learned to not fear man with the sound of a gunshot meaning food is on the ground.
Very similar to commifornika that outlawed hunting mountain lions. (cougars are still allowed to be hunted in bars though)
The lions are taking domestic critters, walking through neighborhoods, and have killed or mauled hikers in a couple of instances.
They have no fear of humans.
Reading a lot about the fur trappers in journals, and known accounts I don’t think grizz ever really feared man.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Although doesn't include bear defense, I've had good luck with Glock reliability.
IMO, the trade-offs of higher round count (Glock and other semis) versus caliber ballistics (heavier caliber revolvers) along with reliability factors (revolver v. auto) are all valid considerations and the only thing that's 100%, is Murphy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom