Prices getting crazy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What??? Head gasket?? Coolant was perfect, oil was perfect, never got hot at all. Hibdons will destroy a vehicle every chance they get.

And how did they diagnose a bad head gasket? Has the car over heated? Smoked at start up? Misfire? Coolant look good? Oil look good? I'll buy the car back from you if you need me to but not after hibdons jacks with it. I just don't see how it could cluster F that quickly.
Belt is squalling when you first start it. I was going to have them tighten it while they checked the alignment. They said it was tight but oil is leaking from the head gasket on it. When I have checked the oil it has always been good so I have questions too. I will be taking it to other mechanics for a second opinion since the only thing I really trust Hibdon's on is tires. The wife loves them but may not get her way.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Belt is squalling when you first start it. I was going to have them tighten it while they checked the alignment. They said it was tight but oil is leaking from the head gasket on it. When I have checked the oil it has always been good so I have questions too. I will be taking it to other mechanics for a second opinion since the only thing I really trust Hibdon's on is tires. The wife loves them but may not get her way.
my Hyundai is leaking on the garage floor but they said it was the valve cover gasket. Not the head gasket, but they still wanted a grand to fix it at the dealership.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
my Hyundai is leaking on the garage floor but they said it was the valve cover gasket. Not the head gasket, but they still wanted a grand to fix it at the dealership.
I got up to early this morning, it is the valve cover gasket. I still have my doubts, and they want $712 just to fix that.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got up to early this morning, it is the valve cover gasket. I still have my doubts, and they want $712 just to fix that.
Man there wasn't a single oil leak from the top side at least and it ran smooth. For the love of God unless you just want to throw the car away do not let hibdons touch the motor.

Sounds to me like you might just need a new belt and maybe a tie rod/wheel bearing. Eve that I don't trust from hibdons.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take it down to Merle’s on Shields. They’ll tell you what’s actually wrong with it, not what they want to sell you.

Personally, I’d do the wheel bearings first, if there’s actually a problem. The tie rod is not likely to fail catastrophically, but if the wheel bearing goes, you’ll be riding on three wheels.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok man that's better. A slight valve cover gasket leak is not big deal. I wouldn't spend the money on that unless it becomes severe. A head gasket on that car is probably not worth the cost.

Latest posts

Top Bottom