Shade tree mechanic?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has two adjustable tensioner pulleys and two belts. More often, the belts are ok and the tensioner needs to be tightened just a bit. Loosen the pulley nut, and adjust the adjustment bolt(14mm and 12mm iirc). The pulleys are also known to fail, which will happen quicker if the belts are too tight.

Last edited:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay I talked to him and I have to take it in to him. I will do that as soon as I can set it up. I need a few days with no doc appointments. That is the tough part.

Talking to the guy, he said the belts will probably need to be replaced and not to use belt dressing on flat belts. He said the pulleys will need to be cleaned with brake fluid and a wire brush before new belts are put on. I have never heard of this before.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay I talked to him and I have to take it in to him. I will do that as soon as I can set it up. I need a few days with no doc appointments. That is the tough part.

Talking to the guy, he said the belts will probably need to be replaced and not to use belt dressing on flat belts. He said the pulleys will need to be cleaned with brake fluid and a wire brush before new belts are put on. I have never heard of this before.
Me either but cleaning always sounds good and belt dressing seems like a bandaid anyway. He give you a price?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Me either but cleaning always sounds good and belt dressing seems like a bandaid anyway. He give you a price?
No, said he would have to look at it. I do not think he knows this model off hand as he kept talking automatic tension, single belt, etc. As soon as I get a few days clear I will take it in to him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom