Lautenberg / Carolyn McCarthy to reintroduce gun-ban bill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Notice the last line.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/137087-lautenberg-to-reintroduce-gun-ban-bill

Lautenberg to reintroduce gun-ban bill
By Daniel Strauss - 01/10/11 05:52 PM ET

One of the Senate's most outspoken advocates of tighter gun restrictions said he plans to introduce language banning the type of supplemented gun clips that the shooter in Arizona used on Saturday.

Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.) promised to bring back legislation that had expired in 2004 that would prohibit the use of magazines of 10 rounds or more, according to The Associated Press.

"The only reason to have 33 bullets loaded in a handgun is to kill a lot of people very quickly. These high-capacity clips simply should not be on the market," Lautenberg said in a statement.

Lautenberg plans to file the bill later this month, after Congress reconvenes.

Law enforcement officials say that the suspect used a gun with a clip that held 33 rounds, according to the AP.

Similarly, Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.) announced plans for a bill that would increase gun restrictions.

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep...the very day of the tragedy one of my coworkers started down the "people shouldn't be allowed high capacity mags" road...

When I lived in Isla Vista, CA a kid named David Atais intentionally killed several people and injured a dozen more with his SAAB 900 turbo, IN FRONT OF MY APARTMENT... no one ever mentioned banning "turbo" cars... I will never forget the paint outlines marked with "V1 torso" and "V3 L leg" etc...

Every time there is a firearm related tradegy this comes up...

larkinmusic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep...the very day of the tragedy one of my coworkers started down the "people shouldn't be allowed high capacity mags" road...

When I lived in Isla Vista, CA a kid named David Atais intentionally killed several people and injured a dozen more with his SAAB 900 turbo, IN FRONT OF MY APARTMENT... no one ever mentioned banning "turbo" cars... I will never forget the paint outlines marked with "V1 torso" and "V3 L leg" etc...

Every time there is a firearm related tradegy this comes up...

What years did you live there? I lived there for a while and I think I remember that incident.

Never mind I found it. That happened after I left. Lots of crazy stuff happened around that place though.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No gun bill will go anywhere.This is the most "gun friendly" House maybe since guns became a political issue.Don't look for anything from obama either,election in 2 years you know.This will be around for a little while until something else comes along on the nightly news.

Latest posts

Top Bottom