Lawton Gun Show this weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donald

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Believe me I understand, because everyone I do business with, to put on a show, has been raising the prices on me. Tulsa Fairgrounds takes 8.5% of all ticket sales ON TOP of rent, security and electricity useage. Add in Insurance, Security, Radio & TV, Newspapers, office expenses, fuel, table rental, electric charges... and that has been driving prices up. I have been forced to raise the table prices as well,to offset the expense of running shows, but their is a limit to what I can raise table prices too. I have to pay $40,000 upfront to run a show in OKC and Tulsa and that number is what is driving ticket prices up. I will keep them as low as possible, and I still believe the competition at the gun shows makes them excellent places to buy new and used guns, ammo and accessories. Warren

Warren,
I understand your problem. But on the other hand incomes have not increased that much. All in all you run a pretty decent show. I always check to see who's show it is before I go. If I may make a suggestion, and you already know this, keep the quality high. I like to see a variety of guns and also private sellers. I am tired of seeing nothing but black rifles and flea market junk. That is the reason I will not attend Claud Hall shows. The last one I went to in OKC about 2 years ago had more junk, jewelry, surplus fatigues, etc, than guns. I shoot competition Benchrest so I have accurate rifles. Factory rifles have no interest to me. I already have all those I want. I do have a fancy for mil-surp rifles, especially those in excelllent condition. The creme does indeed rise to the top. Thanks for your reply.
Donald

sabot_round

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Warren,
I understand your problem. But on the other hand incomes have not increased that much. All in all you run a pretty decent show. I always check to see who's show it is before I go. If I may make a suggestion, and you already know this, keep the quality high. I like to see a variety of guns and also private sellers. I am tired of seeing nothing but black rifles and flea market junk. That is the reason I will not attend Claud Hall shows. The last one I went to in OKC about 2 years ago had more junk, jewelry, surplus fatigues, etc, than guns. I shoot competition Benchrest so I have accurate rifles. Factory rifles have no interest to me. I already have all those I want. I do have a fancy for mil-surp rifles, especially those in excelllent condition. The creme does indeed rise to the top. Thanks for your reply.
Donald

I will have to respectfully disagree with you on that statement. The Lawton gunshow might not be that big but they have a lot of other firearms. Besides, you are making it sound like there is a division between firearms owners (BR vs. black rifle).

United we'll stand, divided we'll fall!!

navair

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Warren,
Donald

I have seen a post of too many black guns, followed by a post of two few black guns for the same gun show. You always want to see more of what you are interesed in and less of what you are not interesed in. A GOOD GUN SHOW HAS SOMETHING THAT INTERESTS MOST INDIVIDUALS.

We all have our own interest or interests and that is what we look for. Others have differnt interests and could care less about other items.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have seen a post of too many black guns, followed by a post of two few black guns for the same gun show. You always want to see more of what you are interesed in and less of what you are not interesed in. A GOOD GUN SHOW HAS SOMETHING THAT INTERESTS MOST INDIVIDUALS.

We all have our own interest or interests and that is what we look for. Others have differnt interests and could care less about other items.

Just out of curiousity, nearly ALL of your posts involve Metcalf shows. In fact nearly all of your started threads are advertisements for Metcalf. How are you associated?

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mark's Firearms will have an island and will be intrducing the new line up of:

Red Dawn CMMG AR15 Packages:
So far we have the following:

Red Dawn AR15
Basic Protection package

Red Dawn AR15
Night Street fighter package

Red Dawn AR15
Street fighter package

Red Dawn AR15
Hilltop observer package

If there is enough time befor the show, We will have the,

Red Dawn AR15
Urban Sniper package

Also there will be some pistols that came in at the last minute:

Taurus 738TCP (this one is cool)
Taurus 3" SS Judge
Ruger LCR
Bursa Thunder

And a Ruger SR-556FB Gas Piston AR15 was also droped off late today.

Of course we will have many other cool weapons to show off.

See you there.

And, for the select few that do not want to see black rifles, if you even ever
actually go to a gun show, I am sorry I offend you, please avert your eyes,
because this is what I do, and I feel no shame, because I love what I do.

This is being posted now, because we are about to hit the road to lawton.

Donald

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will have to respectfully disagree with you on that statement. The Lawton gunshow might not be that big but they have a lot of other firearms. Besides, you are making it sound like there is a division between firearms owners (BR vs. black rifle).

United we'll stand, divided we'll fall!!

Its OK to disagree. I have been to the Lawton show many times. It has for the most part always been a good show. I guess each of us have our own area of interest. Personally I have never understood the attraction to the AR15 platform, but to each his own. And if you ever get a chance to shoot a real Benchrest rifle, do so. It will open your eyes to a whole new world. 40X scopes, 1.5 oz triggers, 6ppc driving a 65 grain bullet at 3450 fps and having a 5 shot group measure less than .250 inches, now that gets my blood running hot. Only accurate rifles interest me now, and the Sweeds mil surp.

And to Mark
Man I know you sell a ton of black rifles. Good for you. I hope you sell all you can get your hands on. I like to see people make money. I just hate to go to a show where half the suff there is "black rifles". JMO.

Donald

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its OK to disagree. I have been to the Lawton show many times. It has for the most part always been a good show. I guess each of us have our own area of interest. Personally I have never understood the attraction to the AR15 platform, but to each his own. And if you ever get a chance to shoot a real Benchrest rifle, do so. It will open your eyes to a whole new world. 40X scopes, 1.5 oz triggers, 6ppc driving a 65 grain bullet at 3450 fps and having a 5 shot group measure less than .250 inches, now that gets my blood running hot. Only accurate rifles interest me now, and the Sweeds mil surp.

And to Mark
Man I know you sell a ton of black rifles. Good for you. I hope you sell all you can get your hands on. I like to see people make money. I just hate to go to a show where half the suff there is "black rifles". JMO.

Donald

Donald,

I know where you are coming from, but I think you missed the point sabot_round is trying to make. Just because you do not like black rifles don't say there should be "less of them". Since you like benchrest and mil-surplus why not just say just say "how about more benchrest and mil-surplus". Why not wish that there be more stuff for ALL of us. If I said that I wished there was non of that benchrest crap at the show you would not like that. So why pit gunowner against gunowner based on what each of us like. I don't care for benchrest, black powder or most hunting rifle/shotguns, but I would never wish there were less of them at a show if it was of interest to a fellow gunowner. Sacrificing one type of gun because you do not like it just dividing gunowners. Me personally, I like the Class 3 stuff (MG's suppressors, etc..), but there are a lot of gunonwers who think I should not have them because they don't like them. You sacrifice my guns to the anti's then don't expect my support when they come for your "high power, scoped sniper rifle". I hope you see my point. Like sabot_round said "United we'll stand, divided we'll fall".

sabot_round

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

And to Mark

Donald

CAR explained my point better than I could.
Just so you know.
I own a little bit of everything to include target "BR" rifles and milsurp, not just "black rifles". So, I do know how it feels to fire an accurate rifle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom