Lawton Gun Show this weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmetcalf

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is how the text alert works.
type in 91217 where you would put a phone number. then in the text box type gunshow and hit send. No caps (some phones like to automatically cap the first letter of a text so watch that), no space in gunshow . you should get a text in a few seconds that says welcome to the gun show text club. On friday at 6pm we will send out a mass text to everyone who registered with $2.00 text and probably a few show specials.
just show the welcome message or the "$2.00 off" text and we will let you in for $6.

I have been thinking of a way to get discount tickets out for OSA members. Not shining you on, I just want to give it some thought before I jump out there with something to make sure its easy for members and myself to use. Warren

Donald

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
type in 91217 where you would put a phone number. then in the text box type gunshow and hit send. No caps (some phones like to automatically cap the first letter of a text so watch that), no space in gunshow . you should get a text in a few seconds that says welcome to the gun show text club. On friday at 6pm we will send out a mass text to everyone who registered with $2.00 text and probably a few show specials.
just show the welcome message or the "$2.00 off" text and we will let you in for $6.

I have been thinking of a way to get discount tickets out for OSA members. Not shining you on, I just want to give it some thought before I jump out there with something to make sure its easy for members and myself to use. Warren

Warren,
Mind if I vent a bit? I didn't think so. May I ask why you and other show promoters have raised your entrance prices so much. My retirement income dang sure has not increased like your prices. Last show I went to in Lawton, about 6 months ago. I believe the entrance was $5. Also the OKC show I last attended was $12. Not worth it to see 10,000 black rifles, and flea market junk. At the OKC show I was able to show proof of my military service and got in free. Other wise I would not have paid the $12. I did buy a number of items but there were no bargins. I probably will attend the Lawton show as it is close to Duncan. I will attempt to do the text thing but I am not to hip on texting. Kind of like high tech CB to me. Not that I want a table but the price of tables have gone up about 20% in the last two years also. I guess it is just part of the price gouging that is going on due to the political scene at this time. OK, rant over, have a nice day and please consider my question.

sabot_round

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

How much does the text dervice cost? Does it defeat the purpose of saving?

wmetcalf

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Warren,
Mind if I vent a bit? I didn't think so. May I ask why you and other show promoters have raised your entrance prices so much. My retirement income dang sure has not increased like your prices. Last show I went to in Lawton, about 6 months ago. I believe the entrance was $5. Also the OKC show I last attended was $12. Not worth it to see 10,000 black rifles, and flea market junk. At the OKC show I was able to show proof of my military service and got in free. Other wise I would not have paid the $12. I did buy a number of items but there were no bargins. I probably will attend the Lawton show as it is close to Duncan. I will attempt to do the text thing but I am not to hip on texting. Kind of like high tech CB to me. Not that I want a table but the price of tables have gone up about 20% in the last two years also. I guess it is just part of the price gouging that is going on due to the political scene at this time. OK, rant over, have a nice day and please consider my question.

Believe me I understand, because everyone I do business with, to put on a show, has been raising the prices on me. Tulsa Fairgrounds takes 8.5% of all ticket sales ON TOP of rent, security and electricity useage. Add in Insurance, Security, Radio & TV, Newspapers, office expenses, fuel, table rental, electric charges... and that has been driving prices up. I have been forced to raise the table prices as well,to offset the expense of running shows, but their is a limit to what I can raise table prices too. I have to pay $40,000 upfront to run a show in OKC and Tulsa and that number is what is driving ticket prices up. I will keep them as low as possible, and I still believe the competition at the gun shows makes them excellent places to buy new and used guns, ammo and accessories. Warren

wmetcalf

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
How much does the text dervice cost? Does it defeat the purpose of saving?

The text alert does not cost anything above whatever your service provider charges you for recieving or sending a normal text. I am paying the cost of the shortcode, software and database that runs the alerts. Its just like getting a text from anyone else. And you might win a GLOCK, giving away one a month. Warren

hd_rider13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Elgin (The "I don't want to live in Lawton" town)
Some of the pawnshops in Lawton STILL have amazingly high prices on guns and ammo.roosterk

I used to work in a pawn shop. If they a gun that you are interested in, and you know it is priced too high, offer them what the REAL value is. If they say no, go back there once or twice a week. If it sits there, they will eventually sell it to you.

I don't "like" paying $12 to get in a show, but I don't mind it all that much. I mean, I spend that much for my wife and I to eat fast food, more to see a movie, or 4 times that much to play golf.

I can go to a gun show with a couple friends, look at some guns, meet some new people, see a lot of dealers all in one day, and spend a whole day doing it.

I agree that the vendor and price quality could be better, but I'm just happy enjoying the freedom I have to go to a gun show at all.

Things will get better and prices will drop, just don't pay the stupid prices and eventually they will come down a little.

Keep up the good work Warren; I totally understand the overhead involved, and I have faith that you will do all you can for the community.

Latest posts

Top Bottom