Leather slings for lever guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

77Sooner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for some nice leather slings for a couple of Marlin lever guns. Just wondering if anyone knew of a good place to find a decent selection. The nice ones seem to be a little difficult to find. Please help me out lever action guys! Any advice would be appreciated.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since quality leather fetches such a premium, and affordable stuff is usually trash, I've always had really good luck hitting up Attwoods. No joke. I buy full hide tack, available from 1/4" to 2" straps. A little finesse with a leather knife, the occasional stitching with a cheap awl kit, you'll have exactly what you need/want for cheap. Sure, it's not winning any beauty contest, but man it's good thick carving grade leather

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since quality leather fetches such a premium, and affordable stuff is usually trash, I've always had really good luck hitting up Attwoods. No joke. I buy full hide tack, available from 1/4" to 2" straps. A little finesse with a leather knife, the occasional stitching with a cheap awl kit, you'll have exactly what you need/want for cheap. Sure, it's not winning any beauty contest, but man it's good thick carving grade leather

That's true. Atwoods usually has some decent leather that can be used for various projects.

Also, Chief- thanks for the info on Boyt.

77Sooner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

Ordered a couple from Boyt, one of which is on backorder until mid-March, but this is an excellent idea. Will take very few tools to get started, and may lead to a new rainy day hobby. Can't imagine how bad I'll be able to make the first couple look! Definitely worth a shot, thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom