Lee liquid Alox

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerfan66

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good news bad news . Looking for some gas checks was needing and I don't know how long it's been there must be couple years least I found a bottle of Lee Alox bullet lube in very back of my shelf I keep all my reloading bullets on . Was laying on side . That's good news . Bad news is it's been hid so long it's not liquid no more . Like a real thick firm paste . Read a few ways to get it thinned back up like sit in real hot water or add little mineral spirits and shake real good . Will try the hot water method first .

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is acetone close enough to mineral spirits to work I got some of that ? Don't have any but figure neighbor or someone probably have some .
No I do not believe so as I have read some people tried alcohol and it did not mix well and became stringy.
Lighter fluid was used and I would bet kerosene would work.

I have nuked my bottles in the microwave to soften the stuff.
5 or so seconds at a time with the lid opened to let pressure out.

I tried the Johnson paste wax ( JPW ) mixed with LLA and do not like it.
I like LLA by itself.

I have made my own lube that is better than LLA but I must apply it by hand to each bullet.
It is wheel grease mixed with Bees wax and crayons.
It is heated just enough to have it mix together and then after it cools it is kind of hard.

Maybe like frozen lipstick hard.
It has done very well for me when I cranked up the velocity on my cast bullets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom