Legal question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Souperphly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lets say 2 people A and B are roommates in an apartment both on the lease as co tenants. Person A brings Person C to the apartment on a regular basis. Person B has issues with Person C and does not want this individual in her home. Can Person B have the police dept issue a trespass order (or whatever it called) against Person C without Person A's consent/agreement? This would fall under the city of Yukon if that makes a difference.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont sleep at the Holiday Inn, but if a person on the lease said they can stay seems like that would be good do go. Now if you want to push the situation that person could do the very same thing and have EVERYONE that stops by to visit you trespassed. Would be interesting from my point of view. ")

" and does not want this individual in her home." This is where I see a real problem, it is not person B's house, it is a co lease, can we say sharesees? :)

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would say you need to move out. If you can't or don't want to then you don't have many options because you are both on the lease you both have equal rights. The only stipulation may be a # of occupants clause in your lease, is person C basically living in the unit or just a frequent visitor. If they are spending several nights a week talk to your roommate first and try to work it out, if that doesn't work talk to the landlord.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had this problem once. I dunno how the laws really are, but when I talked to the office they said as long as the bastard was on the lease (and he was the only one who could take his name off it) I was basically screwed. BUT ... there was a clause in the lease where you could break if it you bought a home.

Soooooo ... I very quietly started looking for a home to buy. Went into the office when I signed the papers on one, they let me out of the lease and I started packing. Imagine the look on his face when he saw the U-Haul backed up to the garage when he finally got out of bed that afternoon ... :naughty:

Bastard jilted me on the rent and utilities one too many times ... :nolike:

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Im betting its 2 girls on a lease and one if them doesnt like a guy.

If 2 guys shared a lease they would fight it out. Or one would bail out. Girls OTH, tend to seek out different ways by throwing out clauses in lease agreements or legal action.

In the end, room mates usually part ways on less than freindly terms. And someone always gets screwed.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im betting its 2 girls on a lease and one if them doesnt like a guy.

If 2 guys shared a lease they would fight it out. Or one would bail out. Girls OTH, tend to seek out different ways by throwing out clauses in lease agreements or legal action.

In the end, room mates usually part ways on less than freindly terms. And someone always gets screwed.

Back in my younger days ,I had a roommate once, after the ***** stole my gun and did god knows what with it (but I really couldn't prove it) I threw all her **** in a garbage bag and dropped it on her boyfriends front porch and let her know she wasn't going to be living with me anymore. Now that I'm older A. I am WAAAY to old for a roomy B. If I did go crazy and get one I would go about an eviction in a more legal way LOL unless there was another gun theft then screw that I'd kick a bitches ass.

Latest posts

Top Bottom