OKCPD arrests 110 people at street racing takeover

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My family always raced and many times on the street.
There are some places to get it done but it was never a gathering of a bunch of people and vehicles.

I do not like that idea at all.
But for the most part I do not like crowds of people.

Would I get in trouble as a kid for drag racing? NO did my kids? NO.
I drag raced against my uncles and my dad at times.

It's going to happen but that crowd gathering thing is just asking for the law to show up.

Here is another OKC police bust I think they should do all the time.
I44 and SW 29th street on ramp.
Buddy just got off work at FAA and went for food and went to get on the highway and OKC PD was there stopping every vehicle that used the ramp.

Checking for valid license and insurance.
My friend said the place was littered with vehicles parked to the side on the grass.

The officer told him that he was the first vehicle all night that was legal.

What does that tell you?
I would love to see more of these setups.
That tells me that OKC PD are impeding travel without cause.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Uh-oh the 405 gang got cuffed and stuffed.
Maybe the discovery network will bail them out.

Meanwhile, on the other side of town there mighta been some more dangerous (murder, rape, b&e, etc) law breakers to tend to, but some "street racers"
Uh-oh the 405 gang got cuffed and stuffed.
Maybe the discovery network will bail them out.

Meanwhile, on the other side of town there mighta been some more dangerous (murder, rape, b&e, etc) law breakers to tend to, but some "street racers" was easier pickens!
Criminals got busted. That’s that.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not for street racing at all (learned my lesson years ago.) However, I'm not naive enough to believe that even if a track was available, (most) kids would actually use it.

Last edited:

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to race an old Chevy Impala on Pole Rd. The problem back then was Pole Rd had so many potholes the size of wading pools that we eventually had to quit to avoid wrecking our cars. But it was never a huge crowd, usually just 4-5 cars, usually. And we didnt hang out there all night, just a few runs before the cops would show up then we'd leave and go to Draper Lake.

Big50

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, you're OK with the rural folks having to deal with that kind of crap just so long as it isn't in your back yard? Got it.
Yeah that's what I said, you got it. The best way to do it is find a real crowded area in the country and use their mailbox as the starting-line and race to the barn. Make sure you leave the flashlight and the checkered flag in the street when you leave. Probably cut a fence or two if needing more space to turn around.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, we did some racing in high school. But we did it safely on a flat stretch of state highway at night, lol. Didn't have big groups either.

Plus, a fast car then was something running what, high 12s? Now, some of these 'street' cars have 2k horsepower. That's quite a different beast.
A fast car when I was in high school would run 14s world record cars would run 11s. A lot of things have changed. But not one thing , speed kills.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okc misdemeanor citation system has two different classifications. One is a simple citation that only requires a signature and then you’re free to go.

The other is Jury Division (JD) which requires being taken into custody, transported to jail, bail assigned and paid before release.

When a vehicle is impounded, an inventory of contents is required which is probably when the guns were discovered. Whether or not they were stolen or legally possessed? Unknown.

I read some of the comments on FB and lot of them were whining because they weren’t allowed to call their parents before being transported to jail. Others were claiming police brutality. Who knows, i wasn’t there.

Boo-****ing-hoo ... The ONE time my kids got in enough trouble LE got involved they were BEGGING the cops NOT to call me. In fact, the officer could barely hold it together when he was telling me my youngest told him he'd literally rather just go to jail. Lol

They knew Mommy and Daddy would try and keep them sheltered from the consequences of their actions. I say good for the officers for letting them "go through the process". And yes, I told the officers to go ahead and take my kids to juvie and process them and I'd be down in time to get them out before they locked up for the night (11 pm back then).

Latest posts

Top Bottom