Broken Arrow schools warn legal marijuana could hurt students

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Google "marijuana induced psychosis", for openers. Also, "children, acute marijuana intoxication."

Any drug consumed regularly will become a part of your body's chemistry. Hence, an addiction. True for cigarettes. True for heroin. True for smokeless tobacco. True for marijuana. Etc.

There's tons of research to indicate marijuana is not "harmless." But addicts don't care about the facts. Just the high.

Sugar, caffeine, and nicotine are WAY more addictive than the devil's lettuce.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sugar, caffeine, and nicotine are WAY more addictive than the devil's lettuce.
I would agree. However the longer the time that one uses anything, the harder it is to quit. Nicotine and Caffeine do manifest physical issues when one quits, hence the term Physical Addiction.

Marijuana? I have known those that had much trouble quitting. It was more akin to going on a diet.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the children. Still up in the air over 820 but even when illegal they still get it, just like liquor and other illegal drugs. Will it increase usage? Perhaps but at least it wouldn't be a life changing crime if a minor was caught with it.
Fair enough, I understand your point.

But back in the young days, some of the appeal of drinking beer was because it wasn't allowed. "Breaking the Rules" is a motivator also.

Six of one/ half a dozen of the other.
In the eyes of who?

Latest posts

Top Bottom