OKCPD arrests 110 people at street racing takeover

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
(Puts on flame suit)

I'd say it's apparent that many of you are speaking not from experience.

"Just go to the track" is cool and all. Most tracks run one night a week. Then you go and could wait hours to get one pass in depending how busy they are. I've been to dozens of tracks, some move cars along and some don't. Then you get the ones who cater to the RACE CARS so those guys get shuffled through 2-3 times faster than the street cars and get way more passes in. That's all assuming weather cooperates, there's no accidents, nobody oils dowm the track etc.
And all that assumes zoning near the track doesn't change or whatever and they don't get shut down...it happens more than people who aren't into it thinks.

Texas has lots several tracks in the last few years, most recently the big one in Houston.

I'm not condoning street racing, but I'm not gonna say I've never done it or been busted for it. But saying "just go to the track" isn't quite that easy as some people think.

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My last year of high school we had four kids killed street racing. Don't care what y'all say a souped up street car is not a race car. If your driving a race car it belongs on a track. If your racing your street car at least there you might have access to an ambulance. Those fellows who died I knew were just left when they wrecked because other kids didn't want to get in trouble.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
(Puts on flame suit)

I'd say it's apparent that many of you are speaking not from experience.

"Just go to the track" is cool and all. Most tracks run one night a week. Then you go and could wait hours to get one pass in depending how busy they are. I've been to dozens of tracks, some move cars along and some don't. Then you get the ones who cater to the RACE CARS so those guys get shuffled through 2-3 times faster than the street cars and get way more passes in. That's all assuming weather cooperates, there's no accidents, nobody oils dowm the track etc.
And all that assumes zoning near the track doesn't change or whatever and they don't get shut down...it happens more than people who aren't into it thinks.

Texas has lots several tracks in the last few years, most recently the big one in Houston.

I'm not condoning street racing, but I'm not gonna say I've never done it or been busted for it. But saying "just go to the track" isn't quite that easy as some people think.
The tracks have to be sanctioned and insured, The drivers have to be legal to race on the track. So the kids would have to pay before they play. On the street these 40 year old kids should pay if they are going to play.

Latest posts

Top Bottom