LEO and open carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As others have stated OC has worked well in the states that already have it. People are so worried that we simple Oklahomans are going to cause problems. But I think we are a bit smarter than people give us credit for. I am sure that there will be some who will OC because they think it is cool. But the majority of CC will continue to CC. As many have stated that main reason they (including me ) want OC is because it is our right. Whether or not they will OC or not. But it should be our choice and not the Governments job to tell us what we can do. Do we work for them or are they supposed to be working for us?

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm particularly glad that there is a clause making it illegal for the police or troops to confiscate firearms during a crisis or emergency. I think there would definitely be a armed 'civil rebellion' if government police or troops were to ever start going house to house taking citizen's weapons. Of course given the right conditions they might still try to do just that. Given the silly international treaties that Secretary of State Clinton & Obama are secretly signing within the U.N.. There is no telling what anti-gun measures they are getting us tangled up with. Those treaties by-pass Congress and supersede the Constitution.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What was his name, Yamamoto or something like that, Head of the Japanese Military? He stated something like he did not consider attacking the USA mainland because he knew there would be an armed citizen behind every blade of grass. The wisdom of the forefathers was good. Unfortunately it has been forgotten.

Now this wisdom has been replaced by UN resolutions and with technology. Now there is the ability to detect a firearm even enclosed from a distance, and and soon there will be the ability to cause the firing of shells in the box or magazine with a remote microwave beam type signal. Just a thought of where we might be headed. We seem to only be allowed to protect ourselves from a few of the bad guys of our own kind on the street. The FAA has been mandated to find a way for our our government have up to 30,000 drones in our US airspace by 2017. For our own good of course.

O

oklacowboy

As others have stated OC has worked well in the states that already have it. People are so worried that we simple Oklahomans are going to cause problems. But I think we are a bit smarter than people give us credit for. I am sure that there will be some who will OC because they think it is cool. But the majority of CC will continue to CC. As many have stated that main reason they (including me ) want OC is because it is our right. Whether or not they will OC or not. But it should be our choice and not the Governments job to tell us what we can do. Do we work for them or are they supposed to be working for us?
I agree, very well said.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those treaties by-pass Congress and supersede the Constitution.

No...

No they don't. All treaties must be approved by the US Senate. Period. Black and White.

The President can sign anything he/she wants with the UN but that doesn't make it law. Unless the people bow down and accept it, of course.

And if they do that then they'll get exactly what they/us deserve.

jmoney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm particularly glad that there is a clause making it illegal for the police or troops to confiscate firearms during a crisis or emergency. I think there would definitely be a armed 'civil rebellion' if government police or troops were to ever start going house to house taking citizen's weapons. Of course given the right conditions they might still try to do just that. Given the silly international treaties that Secretary of State Clinton & Obama are secretly signing within the U.N.. There is no telling what anti-gun measures they are getting us tangled up with. Those treaties by-pass Congress and supersede the Constitution.

I just don't see how they could possibly go door to door and demand people hand over their firearms especially in the south. Can you really see the Military enforcing such an order? Police?

jmoney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No...

No they don't. All treaties must be approved by the US Senate. Period. Black and White.

The President can sign anything he/she wants with the UN but that doesn't make it law. Unless the people bow down and accept it, of course.

just like the military can only be used when authorized by congress...

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No...

This is true.Treaties have to be ratified by Congress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom