LEO jurisdictions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many PD's are now cross commissioned with the County SO so they can cross jurisdictional lines. If you've ever had the unfortunate chance to look at a map of the City of Piedmont you'd understand. We have chunks of land that aren't connected to other chunks. Kinda like a patch work of islands.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm guessing the Broadway extension is in OKC or Edmond? If so, the jurisdictional lines wouldn't apply, as Owasso is a good 100+ miles from OKC.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The short answer is Yes,
As long as they dont ask you where you are going, because then they would have to send the revene generated from your ticket to that jurisdiction.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Example: If you brake the law in OKC and by the time you pull over it's Nichols Hills. He can till write you up since the offense took place in OKC, right?

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In front of my house (Grady Co.) there was a Cleveland County Sheriffs car that had 3 cars pulled over in my drive. I guess they were racing or something and ran him off the road on his way home so he pulled them over and called OHP. I assume it would have to be egregious for an officer to go out of his way and pull you over outside of his jurisdiction.

Latest posts

Top Bottom