Less than two weeks till gun season.............

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Since I may be stretching my shots out to 150 yds, I'm going with the 338 Lapua. I should be good because I had the guy at Walmart bore sight my new 3x9 Tasco, so I know it will be good to go. No need to go to the range ahead of time.

Conserving that high dollar ammo, good call!

pistolpete95

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll be rotating between a 257 Roberts Mauser sporter and a remington 6mm. During doe season probably switch to a Ruger American 22-250. I've working on some loads with the Nosler Partition 60 grs.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sighted in a few today. My primary is a Ruger 77 flatbolt in .308; I also use a Browning A-Bolt in .243 WSSM sometimes and a Ruger American in .243 Winchester when I'm bouncing around in our Polaris Ranger. I hunt in southern LeFlore County. I will also take an open-sighted lever gun for some creek bottoms I like to hunt. I also sighted in my old Ruger 77 .280 for my son-in-law and his .30-30. My rainy day gun is my old Remington 700 carbine in 6mm with VX-III scope, but I don't know if I'll take it because I'm kind of past the hunting in the rain deal.

Cedar Creek

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Steyr Mannlicher Stainless 20" Mountain rifle in .30-06. It is really light and when I first got it, I took it to the range and it kicked like a hammer. I would shoot it prone and after flinching, when I opened my eyes, I was standing. I picked up my fillings off of the ground and decided something had to change. I put a brake on it and topped it with a Leupold 3.5-10X50 in silver. It kicks like a .243 or so now. Took it out last weekend and it's holding sub MOA at 200 with Winchester 180's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom