Lets see all the AR's!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushmaster6

New to the site!
Reaction score

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's mine. Not a very good picture. Took it with my phone.

It's a mid-80's Colt CAR-15 pre-A1 style (picked it up for about $400 before the stupid laws kicked in at that time). I'm keeping this one with its classic styling.

For my next one, though, you all have inspired me. I want to build one from scratch that I can customize and go crazy with.
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v235_bierh_IMAG0013.jpg

jmtgsx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First Build:
I have been researching, absorbing, and lusting after a custom M4gery for almost a year. I started buying parts in March and its now finished with the long awaited Flat Dark Earth UBR.
I’ve met some guys that have several AR’s that don’t shoot but one or two, so I wanted to “save money” and roll it all into one rifle. I was the same way on 1911 pistols. I went through two stock, two semi-custom, and two custom pistols until I had just what I wanted. I wanted the best of the best in this rifle, circa 2008. I almost went piston, but since I got the DLC bcg and it’s a middy, I thought the piston a bit over the top. The only thing I would change, if I could, would be a Magpul lower receiver, just to peg the cool meter (jealousy factor.)
Enjoy.

awww.myhostedpics.com_images_jmtgsx_1002009edited.jpg

awww.myhostedpics.com_images_jmtgsx_1002005edited.jpg

awww.myhostedpics.com_images_jmtgsx_1002002copyedited.jpg

awww.myhostedpics.com_images_jmtgsx_1002001edited.jpg

awww.myhostedpics.com_images_jmtgsx_1001997edited.jpg

The particulars: Spikes Tactical lower, LMT lpk, KNS anti-walk, pivot, and takedown pins, Magpul enhanced trigger guard, Timney 3lb. trigger, and an Ergo Suregrip. The upper half was built by MSTN and features their logo’d VLTOR MUR 1-A receiver, a 16” Noveske N4 barrel with a PWS FSC 556, a fitted LMT IonBond Diamondblack bolt with a Young Natl. Match IBDB carrier, Noveske pinned gasblock, LaRue Tactical 10” free floating handguard, LMT charging handle, Troy front & rear BUIS, a Dieter VFG with paracord wrap, Magpul FDE XTM rail cover panels, Daniel Defense offset light mount with Surefire 6P Malkoff Devices illuminator(Yeah, I know I should have bought the X300, but I had an extra 6P), LaRue/Vickers padded sling with QD swivels, and an Aimpoint H1 Microdot on a LaRue mount. Magazines (5x20 and 5x30)are all Magpul P-Mags, and I bought a Hardigg-Storm case to keep it all in.

awww.myhostedpics.com_images_jmtgsx_1001995edited.jpg