Let's see all the Target/Sniper bolt-actions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flynraider

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am sure you may not like that this is a 22lr posted in a thread filled with surgeons and 700s, but i think we all will agree; the best guns are the ones that were free and will stay in the family.

i got this gem from my grandpa, he is rarely lucid these days and i see him even less often... .. but i am happy he is still with us and i am proud of the two things i have been blessed to inherit form him while he is still on the earth; my last name, and this rifle.

i did some searching and it is commonly listed as a military trainer, grandma says she remembers him always having this gun, and that he used to always win countless small town target competitions with it.
i also read somewhere online that it has a special technique used to manufacture the barrel that was time, labor, and money intensive, usually reserved for high competition target rifles. i forgot what the technique was called.
when i got it, it was starting some small pits of rust on the end of the barrel, and the magazine was worn out, and it was only drilled and tapped with the filler caps for the scope mount, i found the proper matching scope mount online as a reproduction, and a new mag.
i still have everything and can put her back the way she was when i got her, dust cover, peep sights (still mounted) scope hole filler caps, and all.

enough talk, heres the gun; she reads "O.F. Mossberg & Sons, INC New Haven, conn USA 44US(b) 22 lr PAT."

i1109.photobucket.com_albums_h428_okwrk871_IMG_0145.jpg

i1109.photobucket.com_albums_h428_okwrk871_IMG_0146.jpg

i1109.photobucket.com_albums_h428_okwrk871_IMG_0147.jpg

i1109.photobucket.com_albums_h428_okwrk871_IMG_0148.jpg

i1109.photobucket.com_albums_h428_okwrk871_IMG_0149.jpg

Thanks for sharing, Robert.

No matter what or how many guns I buy for myself, my favorites are still and always will be the ones that I inherited or were given to me by my dad and grandfather and I look forward to handing them down to my son one day.

jd138

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking to change stocks and get a brake soon, but here is how she sits presently:
[Broken External Image]
SPS tactical
B&C A5
Harris
Falcon Menace
Kempfeld bolt knob and fluting

Latest posts

Top Bottom