LIR today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My last trip to the LIR the gens were running wide open at 8AM. We are spending the next three days down at Broken Bow, hopefully I will have some luck down there.

The water has been running since Monday morning non stop but we both caught our limit yesterday. They stocked yesterday and they were hungry.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When 2 generators are going you're limited on your places to fly fish. They're a couple spots and I did hook up 5 fish but only landed two. Anyhow it was a short day because they started running water but I had a good numbers day with several bigger than average fish.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Absolutely killed them today. A lot of fish in the river now. I was only able to fish close to 4 1/2 hours due to them generating but had my best "half" day ever. It was better than some full days of fishing.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still looks like the LIR is still not going to be wadable for awhile. The inflow has been slightly greater than outflow. Water has risen some on tenkiller which normally mean constant flow and unwadable water. Bait fishing can be done with plenty of weight. Headed to LMF friday to fish, if its good I'll post a report.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got to fish around 6 hours today. Water is dirty now from all the inflow to Tenkiller lake. Did pretty good today catching all rainbow and 1 small striper. My bubby caught three buffalo carp 25, 22, 21 inchers on his spinning gear. Also saw a guy get a buffalo carp on his flyrod and got his rod broke. It was his own fault it got broke. Fish are stacked in areas and if you find that you will catch a lot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom