LIR today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh no Dennis, I wouldn't do that. It's just that the LIR is a wonderful place to spend some time this time of year. Fish for trout until the water starts, then get with my guide buddy and maybe do a little stripper fishing or even do a little cat fishing on the Arkansas. If everything I mentioned is a failure then I can always set in a chair with my feet in the cold water drinking an adult beverage and think about just how hot it really is inside a coal burning power plant in the summer time.......

I want in on the stripper part! :D

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went yesterday, sporadic would describe it best. Non generation flows have been in double digits, better fishing when its over 100 cfs. Still caught fish but not like last month. 14 yesterday, 41 a month ago. Lake level will be getting close to 632 soon and I figure we will see lower flows during non generation times.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only water that is coming out during non generation right now is thru the dissolved oxygen contraption. Low flow but better than last year. Some people have been catching stripers here lately but fishing had been mixed for trout. Some places are better than others is why. I had a good day yesterday so fishing where there is more current is better right now. The bite tapered off after noon so I left.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fished yesterday and did good. Lots of fish swimming around in groups. Lake turned over about 5 weeks ago so the dissolved oxygen is up and the water has cleared up quite a bit. Not gin clear but clear. Saw a bald eagle plus watched a 12" trout get plucked out of the water by a bird hunting trout

Latest posts

Top Bottom