LIR today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rain has pretty much made the fishing in the central to eastern part really tough. Kaw is rising quickly, muddy as heck, and the local lakes are doing the same.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my buddies "brown". He caught 3, the biggest was 25". Saw a guy get his fly tod broke with one of those, it was the way he landed the fish, his fault.

20130601_124142-1.jpg

Attachments

• 20130601_124142.jpg
    20130601_124142.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 127

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He doesnt have the patience to fly fish Dennis. He was using a gold and black sinking rapala, good crankbait. The rapala brook trout sinking has been the best producer almost everywhere we fish in clearer water, not so that day. Stained water kept his numbers down that day. Usually in clear water the crankbaits produce really good.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I fished yesterday and fishing is still good. They have been generating in the afternoon lately so dont expect to wade much if you go late.I think everyone was catching something, some more than others. My exciting moment was the striper that that got off. Not big, but that take was fast and aggressive. Reminded me of the movie Jaws when it was pulling the barrels. My indicator went under and started going sideways really fast, I could see it under the water. He didn't care for the pressure I was putting on him and became airborne, threw the fly and left. Oh well, next cast. You don' t get every fish and I missed a bunch yesterday.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh no Dennis, I wouldn't do that. It's just that the LIR is a wonderful place to spend some time this time of year. Fish for trout until the water starts, then get with my guide buddy and maybe do a little stripper fishing or even do a little cat fishing on the Arkansas. If everything I mentioned is a failure then I can always set in a chair with my feet in the cold water drinking an adult beverage and think about just how hot it really is inside a coal burning power plant in the summer time.......

Latest posts

Top Bottom