Living in HOA's is so much fun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryOkie

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
It's not like an HOA is a surprise...people can choose to live in one or not. What's weird is when people that choose to live in one and then complain about it (That's just stupid).

For me, I like our HOA (Oak Tree). It keeps a level of conformity for the neighborhood (Imagine living next to a house that decides to let their property go or do something stupid like paint their house purple - that would severely devalue your home).

Picture any upscale neighborhood - no cars parked overnight in street, no junk in the yard, maintained streets and landscapes, Security (we have 24/7 manned security), generally safer, etc...
Sounds like we’ve been invaded by one of them there communists.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You couldn't pay me to live in an HOA ... 🤷 AND "people" are the exact reason why. 😐

People suck regardless of HOAs...People gripe on FB (and forums just like the one we are on, lol) and leave notes, call the Police over nonsense, act passive aggressive, etc. HOAs can help in the fact that issues can also be address without it being personal between neighbors which keeps the Peace.

For me, I like our HOA (Oak Tree). It keeps a level of conformity for the neighborhood (Imagine living next to a house that decides to let their property go or do something stupid like paint their house purple - that would severely devalue your home).

Picture any upscale neighborhood - no RV/cars/trailers parked overnight in street, no junk in the yard, maintained streets and landscapes, Security (we have 24/7 manned security), generally safer, etc...

GaryOkie

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I expanded on my comment after you quoted; but I don't know many Communists that go out of their way to vote in unpaid people to help better their community while having open meetings and transparent accounting, lol
This is exactly why I live in an apartment now. I can always leave, cheap payment, no mowing the lawn or maintenance. No insane insurance prices. Yep, livin the free life!

Latest posts

Top Bottom