Long term food providers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewcraig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do you all think about companies like Wise Foods or Mountain House? How is their product & can you recommend from experience any others that provide similar products?

Appreciate the feedback.

pnuner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
efoodsdirect is delicious,

I've never had anything from efoods that tasted bad. I've never had anything from Wise that was any good without some serious tweaking. They use WAY too much salt and sugar. Generally speaking, whatever the "filler" is -- rice, noodles, whatever -- I have to add another cup to cup and 1/2 to the packet to make it 1) edible and 2) more representative of a serving size.

Auguson Farms stuff is pretty good. I'm gonna go with Mountain House next, but yeah, Wise Foods definitely has earned last place in both taste and serving size departments ...

ewcraig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I saw the Auguson Farms and it seems well priced. From what I see there is not as much variety as the others.

Regarding Wise Foods, I see on there website they have the following information:

New formulation with lower sodium and trans fat.

How recently did you try the Wise Foods? Do you still have any left and if so when was it packaged? It looks like maybe they got the message from others such as yourself about the high salt content.

Thanks

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was a couple of years ago. Your post reminded me that I was less than impressed with their packaging also.

Given my past with them I might try a package or two of GC's favorite flavors but I'm really happy with EFoods. They are pricy BUT they're worth it. To me anyway. :)

Oh and I don't think anybody's mentioned Thrive LT foods from Shelfreliance yet ... They and Auguson Farms (and Honeyville) tend to package foods individually so you can "cook" your own meals and recipes with them. I kinda lean towards that because GC is an insanely picky eater .... Worse than any 2-year-old I've ever met ... :grumble:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have not bought or tried any MRE. Remember the army surplus rations we took to deer camp when I was kid. Think they were Revolutionary War surplus. We would have starved, if it wasn't for the cans of Vienna Sausages and crackers that Mom packed us and the quail we managed to get.
We depend on what she cans and preserves.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never had anything from efoods that tasted bad. I've never had anything from Wise that was any good without some serious tweaking. They use WAY too much salt and sugar. Generally speaking, whatever the "filler" is -- rice, noodles, whatever -- I have to add another cup to cup and 1/2 to the packet to make it 1) edible and 2) more representative of a serving size.

Auguson Farms stuff is pretty good. I'm gonna go with Mountain House next, but yeah, Wise Foods definitely has earned last place in both taste and serving size departments ...

Yep, a fatty like me likes an extra cup of rice with my meal. The food is good but I find I am still hungry after my serving. We actually started prepping Jasmine rice from sams as our filler. Now I just need to learn to make my own soy sauce.

Latest posts

Top Bottom