Looking for a car question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife has been driving Suburbans since 1995. I have been driving trucks. We have not owned a car "other then toys" in many years. Now that my kids are getting older and it is the wife and I most of the time, she is wanting to sell our Suburban and get a car. We have been looking at the Nissan Altima. Has anyone on OSA owned or own one? We are wanting something that will last and get good fuel milage. What other cars are good? We will not be buying new. I am guessing somewhere between 09-11. Thanks.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Biggsly said:
My wife has been driving Suburbans since 1995. I have been driving trucks. We have not owned a car "other then toys" in many years. Now that my kids are getting older and it is the wife and I most of the time, she is wanting to sell our Suburban and get a car. We have been looking at the Nissan Altima. Has anyone on OSA owned or own one? We are wanting something that will last and get good fuel milage. What other cars are good? We will not be buying new. I am guessing somewhere between 09-11. Thanks.

Altima is a good car. Maybe also check out the Infiniti G series. About the same size, but rear wheel drive and 300+ HP. They are a little more money, but very very reliable.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Altima is a good car. Maybe also check out the Infiniti G series. About the same size, but rear wheel drive and 300+ HP. They are a little more money, but very very reliable.
She does not care about the hp. lol. This will be her car. She is wanting something that gets good mpg. Her Suburban gets about 16-17 on the hwy, but about 13-14 in the city.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Biggsly said:
She does not care about the hp. lol. This will be her car. She is wanting something that gets good mpg. Her Suburban gets about 16-17 on the hwy, but about 13-14 in the city.

They make one with less. Most of my customers who have them are women, they love them. The accord is very nice also. Can't really go wrong with the Nissan or Honda.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't discount the newer Hyundai Genesis sedans either, get great gas mileage and with new ECU/turbo technology the days of requiring premium fuel are over though it is preferred, they make non-turbo models that are plenty nice too. Or are you looking at Coupes too?

Hyundai has come a very long way since they first came to US shores. I've got a Hyundai Sante Fe that has been great so far.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have an Altima but a Maxima 3.5L, great car so far, its a manual so that helps. If you are set to get the Altima, get the 4cylinder 2.5L. Better on gas then the 3.5. Great cars but not the best. If I was to recommend a good car, Id say to look at Camrys, Corrolas, 2010 and up.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In it's class, the Altima is a great car. I don't own one, but I've driven them and I keep up with car stuff pretty well. It seems to be a solid buy in the current car market.

Latest posts

Top Bottom