Looking for a new pocket knife

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take a look at Outdoor America. Their knife prices are the best I have found in OKC, and in some cases they beat internet prices. They carry some good brands, and may have something you will like. CB

arenathlete

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go to an Airgas, buy the $10 folder(about 8 different kinds); they carry a lifetime warranty on them, so just don't lose it and you'll always have a decent knife

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have owned or carried more knives than I can remember from more manufacturers than I can count. After 20+ years of active knife collecting and using I have come to the following decisions.

Spyderco. This is my personal favorite brand of commercial cutlery for pocket use. I currently carry a Ti Millie off duty with a ALOX SAK Farmer as a secondary utility.
SAK. I am never without a SAK of some sort in my pocket. Preferably a farmer model since I am a HUGE fan of the saw blade on this model. I prefer ALOX types for uber durabilty.
Benchmade. A brand that has made knives that have been in my pocket many times over. The best overall everyday knife.....Griptillian( the RITTER model RSK is truly the best representation in this model)
BOKER I am telling you this. They have really stepped up to the plate and chose some great makers to collaborate with and quality has really made a step in the right direction....VOX collabs....just a simple yes this is awesome.

This is just a smattering....and ALL of these makers make honest knives with honest warranties on them....Spyderco is probably the best in the large industry scale. Bark River and RAT are the best in small....they are a whole different post....

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You've got a lot of good suggestions. How big of a knife do you want?
Slip joint, liner lock, frame lock, lock back, other?
What is the primary use of the knife?
How deep are your pockets? (price range)

I have a drawer full of knives. My dress knife is a case tiny toothpick.

Otherwise, I carry USA made Bucks or a folding box cutter.

I just want an average full size folding knife with a pocket clip. I use my pocket knives for everything. Well almost everythig, not as a prybar or screwdriver. I might clean a deer with it one night, and the next I might cut my burrito.

I dont want one with any fancy designs, I just want a quaility blade that will hold its edge, and have a durible frame. price range in under $100

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spyderco. The Tenacious I recently got is a good EDC knife and runs less than 40 USD if you look. If you want something nicer, there are several below a Benny.

Benchmade also makes great knives. For a fixed blade, look at Bark River's PSK @ about 100 USD.

Latest posts

Top Bottom