Looking for electrician in Edmond residential work.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It sounds like you know which circuit breaker is involved. If you do, then it should be a simple process of elimination to find out what all is energized by it and check the connections therein.

panayoti

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No I just spit on my fingers and touch the leads. If my hands are full I just put one lead in my mouth.
Yes I used a meter. Checked for voltage and used resistance function to check continuity from switch to light fixture. And neutral termination in box. I have had breakers go bad before. However there are other outlets and lights on the same breaker that are working. With the switch removed I was checking the hot wire to ground and one time I got 48 vac but have not been able to replicate. I was going to pull off the fuse box cover and look around but my wife started freaking out.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
No I just spit on my fingers and touch the leads. If my hands are full I just put one lead in my mouth.
Yes I used a meter. Checked for voltage and used resistance function to check continuity from switch to light fixture. And neutral termination in box. I have had breakers go bad before. However there are other outlets and lights on the same breaker that are working. With the switch removed I was checking the hot wire to ground and one time I got 48 vac but have not been able to replicate. I was going to pull off the fuse box cover and look around but my wife started freaking out.
It sounds like a loose neutral wire if you are getting 48 volts. You might have a backstabbed receptacle not making good contact with the wiring. I have also seen circuits with multiple GFCI's on them. The GFI on my son-in-law's house is outside for the Christmas lights and it runs from another GFI inside the garage. The outside GFI would not reset. I replaced the GFI outside and it's all good now.

Just advising what you might be running into. Your best bet is to get an electrician.

panayoti

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a call that the electrician was on his way so I was clearing away some clutter in the closet and found an outlet with a tripped GFI ! What a dork I am. Reset GFI and now I have power! Amazing. It's the only closet in the house with an outlet. Anyway thanks for all the help guys.

Sted-E Ed-E

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a call that the electrician was on his way so I was clearing away some clutter in the closet and found an outlet with a tripped GFI ! What a dork I am. Reset GFI and now I have power! Amazing. It's the only closet in the house with an outlet. Anyway thanks for all the help guys.
Called it! 😂
I’m glad you found it, and hopefully avoided a service fee.

Latest posts

Top Bottom