Loose primer pocket.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

milsurp

If youre steady of hand you could stake the primer pockets. If youre loading full house might as well start doing it. Like screwing the slicks on the rims I guess. Comes with the territory if you wanna go fast!

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Measure the case diameter just ahead of the rim with a micrometer or caliper before and after firing and see how much the case expands in the web area (solid area). If you have overpressure you will almost always see an expanded web area. Loose primer pockets are a definite sign of overpressure.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why don't you set the case on a steel ram, primer pocket side down, with the ram sized .070" over primer pocket diameter, and then use a suitable size rod pressed against the inside of the case over the flash hole, and press them together to swage the pocket to a closer fit? You may have to bore out the primer hole a bit afterward. You'd need a hand-operated press to do this, but I bet you have one of those.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/911104/r-w-hart-case-saver-swage-for-large-primer-pockets

911104.jpg

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you swage the pockets before install. That is an awesome tool. It has a couple of crappy reviews but its made by Hart you think the tool would be propery heat treated. The people could have been doing something it wasnt intended to. I would mic the od at the web. Good luck moboost.

Latest posts

Top Bottom