Lower Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea I first thout it through then said BUY THE BEST OF EVERYTHING then I thought. "I don't need a $500 lpk" I know lpks arent that much but you smell what I'm stepping in.

LOL, yep. I have stuff on a wish list for later on but got my total build to around 850 shipped and transfer for the lower. Polygonal rifle bull barrel, YHM diamond Handguard specter length, Blackhawk furniture, YHM Compensator, Nickel boron plated bolt carrier with black phosphate parts, everything else is mill spec with forged upper and lower.

Took a little shopping around but feel I did pretty well amassing everything and the few things I will change out later on are the trigger and charging handle. Now just have to decide on main sights, probably end up being a scope have a set of 45 degree offset backup sights on order already.

Total cost is a bit more since I was also purchasing tools with everything but won't ever have to buy them again either.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my opinion there is NO need to spend a lot of money on an LPK. If you spend more than $80, I think you're overdoing it.

I've used a number of different brands, and I don't see anything that is a MAJOR difference to justify a large price increase. As mentioned, $12 JP springs make a big difference. And I like that the Anderson kits are now coming with a chopped hammer that allows those springs to function more reliably. :D I'm by no means an expert, but I have been in your shoes, not so long ago. Going too big/splurging on your first build... eh. Not my advice.

Good luck, and feel free to msg me if you need any help.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my opinion there is NO need to spend a lot of money on an LPK. If you spend more than $80, I think you're overdoing it.

I've used a number of different brands, and I don't see anything that is a MAJOR difference to justify a large price increase. As mentioned, $12 JP springs make a big difference. And I like that the Anderson kits are now coming with a chopped hammer that allows those springs to function more reliably. :D I'm by no means an expert, but I have been in your shoes, not so long ago. Going too big/splurging on your first build... eh. Not my advice.

Good luck, and feel free to msg me if you need any help.

I agree. Most LPK's are going to feel and install the same. Some triggers will be better than others but just about all will be well within spec. All of my triggers are standard. my most expensive LPK was a Spikes Enhanced. Most people can't tell the difference between it and my other PSA lower parts. I would get a CMMG, PSA (Not the PTAC) or DPMS and see how you like it. If you don't love the trigger, your best bet will be to get a high quality drop-in later. I can just about guarantee that you will be happy with a stock trigger from either of those three.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spikes lower (Punisher)
DPMS lpk
Magpul BAD Lever.
Magpul trigger guard
Brownells A2 buffer assembly
Magpul MIAD Grip
Magpul PRS Stock.

Pics will appear when she's done

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been getting mine at PSA, they have build kits that come with upgraded trigger. Building my SBR with an SSA trigger and didn't waste money on a stock trigger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom